Chapter Seventeen

Alana's face went red and she got nervous as I looked over her shoulder. I took in a deep breath, I could smell Hannibal's expensive cologne he always wore, as I took one look at her and saw marks on her. I knew what they were from, as I tried to remain calm it got hard when Hannibal snuck up behind her, grabbing her waist and asked. "What's all the noise coming from?" He then looked up from her and at Will and I as he took a step back from Alana as Alana looked at us flustered and invited us in.

Will and I were very angry, but tried to mask it. We all sat down on the couch staring at each other for a good minute as Alana broke the silence and said, "this is awkward..." Will would snap a little saying, "you think!" It shocked me to see him frustrated like this, Hannibal took a deep breath and asked. "Will, why are you here?" Will ignored his question and said, "I should be asking you the same thing Dr. Lecter." I looked at Hannibal with disgust as he looked at me with his almost apologetic eyes, he still wasn't wearing a shirt and only had his sweat pants on.

I mouth the words he once asked me. "Was it good?" His eyes widened a bit, and decided to get back at him by pulling my turtleneck down just a bit so he could see the marks Will left. I saw his eye twitch as I smiled at him before covering it back up again, I knew he was biting his tongue not to say something. Alana and Will would argue, I didn't pay no mind to it, it wasn't any of my business and I could tell Hannibal was doing the same, we just sat back and stared at each other in silence.

Until they stopped and Will said, "I came here because Raven needed a place to stay and she can't stay with me anymore and you were the only person who came to mind." Alana let out a sigh and pinched the bridge of her nose and asked. "Why can't she just live with Hannibal?" Hannibal turned back to me with a curious expression wondering what I would say and tell them and all I said was, "because... he used to be my therapist and it would be inappropriate." Alana agreed as Hannibal gave me a sly smirk and mouth the words, "inappropriate huh?"

I rolled my eyes and crossed my arms leaning back on the couch not paying him no mind after that, Alana agreed to let me stay with her for only a night. Will and Hannibal would leave after a while to go to work, leaving me with her. I didn't want to be anywhere near her and I could tell she felt the same way about me. As the hours went by after I unloaded my things in the guest bedroom and we sat in the living room and looked at each other, I finally asked. "What's with you and Hannibal?" She looked up from her book and looked at me aggravated and said, "it was a fling, we were both upset and we let alcohol get the better of us.

Why do you ask, or even care?" I took a deep breath and said, "I was curious, Will seemed really upset about it, you are his friend and that is his therapist." Alana looked at me with a sad and regretful look and said, "Will and I are just friends and he seems to like you. What happened?" I paused, then said, "our brains told us we need each other but our hearts belong to someone else."

She nodded along and got curious and asked. "Who has your heart?" I looked away and clicked my tongue, pausing, saying, "someone who will do whatever it takes to survive and will sacrifice anything and everything to achieve what they want... Does anyone have your heart Dr. Bloom?" She also paused as her eyes teared up and said, "I don't know anymore, I used to think it was Will but now I worry about him, he is hiding something. I can't trust him..." I got up and sat by her and gave her a small hug and said, "I know how that feels, you think you know someone, but you realize you don't and you have to take off the rose tinted glasses to see what monster really stands in front of you.

And what I have learned from all this, is that if you have been around them for so long it makes it harder to quit. Almost like a recovering addiction..." we both started to cry a bit and she asked me. "Why is Hannibal not your therapist anymore?" I looked at her and said, "he wasn't helping me heal, he was making everything worse..." Alana put her hand on my shoulder and said, "you know, things sometimes get worse before they get better, maybe go back to therapy he is very talented at what he does." I knew she had no idea what monster lived in him and she was only trying to help, and that she had no idea what had happened was more than just therapy, and she was right about one thing.

He is very talented at what he does, he has always been good with the mind and body. I was considering going back, but I had to push that wanting down back in a box and seal it back up, I couldn't risk my life anymore then I had already. I looked back up at her and just listened to her talk about her complicated relationship with Will, that's when she said, "I got so jealous of you when I first met you and saw you, you are just so beautiful. Your hazle, blue eyes, your smile, your long brunette hair, your fair pale skin. I wanted to hate you even though you did nothing wrong and at that dinner party."

I looked at her curiously and asked. "How did you and Hannibal spend the night together?" She looked down at the floor disappointed in herself and said, "when I talked to him it was nice but when he noticed you had disappeared. I never saw him get so worried, he rushed off to find you and when he did he left with you and when Hannibal walked out of a room and saw you two walk out he seemed so upset. And he wasn't really socializing after that and when the party was over I walked up to him and asked him, what was wrong he just put on a smile and acted as if nothing was.

We were both upset about something and I had a few drinks too many, I wasn't sure about him though. He and I talked about why I was upset but he wouldn't say anything about him being upset, but he would talk about you and how you used to be his patient and how you met Will. He offered to drive me home, because of my safety and when we got to my home I made a move on him and apologized when I did. He hesitated to do anything back, but when he did one thing led to another and I don't remember much of it, but what I do remember is he wasn't grunting or moaning my name, it was someone else, I don't remember who's name." I was shocked by this and didn't know how to take this information in, after awhile of crying in my room till night came.

I was so confused by Hannibal, I wanted to understand him and help him. I got out of my bed, got dressed and walked down the stairs as she asked. "Where are you going, it's late?" I looked at her and said, "I'm just going out for a bit, I don't know when I will be back." She let out a sigh and let me go as I walked out her house, I catched a bus feeling regret and second guessing myself, I had to have known this was a bad idea.

I was dropped off near his house as I walked to it and looked around for the spare key, but it looked like he had moved it. I took a deep breath as I grabbed a pin from my hair and picked locked his front door slowly opening and closing it behind me. Trying not to make a sound, the lights were now so he had to be home and as I went around quietly around his home taking off my shoes by the front door. I walked to his office door to hear his music playing but when I opened the door and saw he wasn't in there. Until I heard behind me the sound of a pistol taken off safety as I slowly turned around with my hands in the air and saw him, I said, "hello Hannibal, put the gun down."