22| More Of This

The smell of fresh coffee had me waking up with a smile. Rolling over in the bed, I half expected to see Ollie next to me. When he wasn't there, the previous night's events came rushing back to me.

Finally having sex with Ollie after a year of wondering what it would be like. Getting walked in on by his boss with the familiar voice. Then there was what happened at the park. I was the one who said talking about my mom or anything related was off limits. But after realizing how different that night in the hospital could have been if I just listened to him...I couldn't not talk about it.

It was weird, actually. Opening up to him about how I was feeling, even a tiny bit, seemed to take away some of the pain I'd been feeling. It didn't repair all of it, obviously. But still, this was the first time since that night in the hospital where I felt like I was in the right place at the right time.

Maybe Ollie was right about this whole Paris adventure thing. Maybe by hanging out and not being alone with my thoughts, I can finally feel something other than pain. Anything. Not to mention the way he made me feel after we came back from the park last night and spent a good couple of hours in his bed again. My body got all heated and tingly just thinking about it.

It also reminded me why I was currently flying solo in my bed. That little exchange was very much fresh in my mind.

"Are you kicking me out of your bed, Ollie?"

Some of that blonde hair fell over his eyes as he looked down at me. "If you stay in this bed any longer, Jamie, there's going to be more of this..." He gave me a deep kiss. "And this..." His lips started a path to my neck. "Most importantly, this..."

A little moan escaped me when he sucked my nipple between his lips. "And what's so wrong with more of this?"

His eyes met mine again. "As much as I would like to spend hours and hours kissing you and fucking you, I have to get some sleep tonight. That painting has to be finished tomorrow." His gaze turned heated when I felt his hand slid under the sheet that was covering me. Knowing exactly what he intended, my thighs opened wide for him instantly. When I felt his fingers stroke my clit, I bit my bottom lip and dug my nails into those broad shoulders of his. "But tomorrow night is a different story," he said, his voice rough and throaty.

"Promise?" The word was out before I could stop it.

Then his lips brushed against mine. "I promise."

Bringing my thoughts to the present, I finally sat up in my bed. Man, tonight couldn't come soon enough. I rubbed my face before I finally noticed that the fresh coffee I was smelling came from the cup on my nightstand that was sitting next to two of my favorite Danish.

The caffeine-addict in me never jumped out of bed faster. I ran to the bathroom, and it wasn't until I finished brushing my teeth that I realized I was still stark naked. So, I went ahead and quickly showered before getting dressed in a pair of jeans and a tank top. I didn't really bother with my hair today. Instead, I just did my usual and tossed it up in a messy bun.

Now it was time for caffeine. Grabbing my Danish and coffee, I headed downstairs to the kitchen so I could sit at the big island and eat. The closer I got to my destination, the louder the music was from Ollie's studio. He told me when we first met that whenever he was in a groove he liked to have some music on while he painted. It wasn't until I made it into the kitchen that I could make out the lyrics. He was listening to Linkin Park.

While I sat and ate my breakfast, I hummed along to the song that was playing. I had to say he had great taste in music. Honestly, there wasn't much about him that wasn't great.