10. Epilogue

Everything comes with a price
The sooner you'll learn this
the lesser you will be hurt ...

“Sidra baby eat something.” Aryan speak tailing his very much pregnant wife.

He is just doing this from past seven months.

He never knew having a baby will be this damn difficult.

Well he didn't knew many things.

His pretty little wife can be this stubborn and inconsiderate to him to demand different food items in the middle of the night and pushing him out of the bed because she is feeling too hot. Never in his wildest dream he thought that she will make him dance on her pinky.

It's her brother's marriage to her very famous best friend. And the excitement and happiness can be feel in waves from her. But it's not the only thing. She always jump around whole day and then complain like a child later.

And in the middle of all the chaos she is neglecting her health so as a doting husband he is. He is taking care of her as best as possible.

“Sidra if you don't eat anything then I will not let you have anything sweet later.” he spoke a little sternly. Making her halt in her actions and move toward him with a huff. And one more thing she can eat sweets anytime. Pregnancy cravings.

“Eat.” another command and here comes her complaining.

“You can speak a little sweetly as well.” she spoke pouting with her eyebrows furrowed. Her complaints are increasing day by day. He thought mentally rolling her eyes.

“No I can't when you are being so difficult.” he squinted his eyes a little making his point clear.

“I hate you.”

“I hate you too now eat.” it was just a reflexive answer but watching the tears bubbled in her eyes he knew he is doomed. Now he doesn't want the people around them to think that he is some tyrant who made his pregnant wife cry. So kneeling in front of her he spoke softly.

“You know our baby is hungry and you need to eat something for the sake of her.”

The tears were long forgotten and her nose scrunches adorably. She doesn't understand what does she wants one second and what on another.

Her emotions is troubling her as well as her husband and when she can think rationally she feels guilty for troubling him.

“I am a bad mother.” she spoke sniffing a little making him sigh he knew it is going to happen anytime soon and it did.

“No baby. Who said that? Me!  bad me.” he spoke a little dramatic making her chuckle at his antics. He stood up from his crouching position and planting a kiss on her crown sit beside her to make her eat.

He still remembers the day she came back home and the happiness he witnessed spreading in the family. She is like a soul which makes the house alive again. He witnessed the bond she made with his family these few days when he stayed beside her he noticed alot of thing he never paid heed to.

By the end of the night she had tears sliding down her cheeks which she tried to stop but can she. The moment is surreal when Maryam bid her family goodbye to enter the new phase of life with her brother.

It remind her of the day she was on this place and she had only her brother beside her.

A hand curl around her waist protectively and another hold her from front. A kiss was planted on her crown by her husband who stood holding her waist on her right side and her mother in law stood on her left holding her hand patting and squeezing. Her family. She realise in this moment she is not alone anymore she had her whole family standing beside her. Her husband plant a hand on her very much visible bump and her gaze meet his loving ones making her realise they are soon going to have one more addition in their family.

She didn't realized the blessings she had all along until she saw beside her. A father, who adores her, a mother who take care of her and scolded her when needed and her husband who is a mixture of every flavor she adore most.

She didn't knew he can be so much but he proved her wrong when he get her back home after apologizing. Be it her cravings, appointments or her terrible mood swings. He stayed beside her patiently,  and whenever he hold her in his arms when she cried because of the changes in her body pregnancy bought she fall for him all over again.

*****

I believe forgiving and forgetting is all you should do when a person is guilty and apologizing for the mistake. A mistake, not a sin, or not something a person does again and again deliberately.

I hope you all liked this story and ready to read more sweet and short stories like this one.

Your comments will be appreciated.

🌼

Allah Hafiz
Until next story.
Yours.....💓