Chapter 2 -- Defection and Rescue

Dinobot padded down the Nemesis' corridors. He took slow steps to reduce the noise he made, his sensitive hearing picking up Blackarachnia and Starscream's voices. He stopped at the bend of the hall, listening to their conversation closely.

"Now that Lord Megatron's realizing the power that he wields, who knows what he's going to do." Starscream grumbled.

"Once he realizes what he can do with the Disk, he could abandon you completely." Blackarachnia said, "He's already bad enough. But, what we have is worse."

"We have two Megatrons." The Air Commander said.

Dinobot growled. They were planning to overthrow Megatron. He quickly turned the corner and unsheathed his sword, the individual pieces of metal rotating and making a small shing noise. Starscream and Blackarachnia looked up at him. The flier gasped, while the spider remained calm. In fact, she looked bored.

"Dinobot, I thought you knew better than to eavesdrop." She said.

"I know better than to try and betray Megatron." The brown bot snarled.

The black and gold bot flinched, taking a step back. She parted her intake to defend herself, but was interrupted by the Nemesis' PA.

"All Decepticons, report to stations." A monotonous voice spoke, "All Decepticons, report to stations."

An alarm suddenly played. Dinobot hissed, covering an audial with his free servo. Starscream took advantage of the moment to grab Blackarachnia's arm and pull her down the hall. The brown bot spotted a blue flier running past, and he grabbed their arm. They turned and glared at the raptor.

"What in the Pit's going on?" He asked, yelling over the alarm.

"Soundwave caught one of those Maximals." The Seeker replied, "C'mon, Megatron will want you, too."

The flier started running down the hall again. Dinobot turned to find the two traitors, only to find that they were gone. He growled, angry at himself, but turned and followed the flier.

=== === ===

"Leaving her is not an option." Optimus Primal hissed.

The Autobots and Maximals were arguing once more. This time, about saving a bot named Airazor from the Decepticons and Predacons. Optimus Prime was becoming increasingly aggravated by the others, though he still tried to remain calm and sensible.

"I am not suggesting that you abandon her." He said, "I am simply saying that you hold your rescue attempt–"

"Until the Allspark is in your hands and you're able to assist." Primal finished, "But by then, it could be too late!"

Prime sighed. "I do not know your Megatron, but I know mine. The danger facing Airazor is great, no doubt, but if the Allspark falls into the hands of my Megatron, the danger to us all is unimaginable." He said.

The tiger growled. "We're not lacking in imagination. We're lacking in soldiers!" He snapped.

"How many of you are left?" Arcee asked.

"We are all that's left." Primal said, "We and the Predacons left with a combined two-hundred soldiers, but our war has taken our numbers down to the bare minimum."

"And Airazor." Rattrap said.

He looked up at the tiger, and patted his arm. "We'll get her back, Ti." He said.

The tiger nodded to the rat, sent a swift glare at Prime, then turned and crossed his arms. The Maximals began conversing again, obviously on how to rescue their comrade. Optimus looked at B-127. The yellow bot looked back up at him, servos resting on his hips.