Ch. 14

Nova's POV

We've been on the road for five hours now in pure silence, he hasn't looked at me once nor even made a living noise. The only reason I know he's still alive is the fact the car hasn't ran off the road yet, by this point I was starting to get hungry and I had to pee but I didn't want to say anything to him. I refused to be the one to break the silence first.

I was becoming extremely bored, I started fidgeting with my fingers before I gained a cramp in my leg, I tried to stretch it out but that only made it much worst. I sigh and brought my knees up into the seat and I could feel his eyes dart over to me. I could see how irritated he was getting over the small action by how his eyes lingered on my knees in his seat before going back to the road.

I rolled my eyes and looked out the window, time was dragging along, thirty minutes felt like an hour. By then Cavalier had finally decided to stop and get us some food and we took a bathroom break.

My eyes were focused on the road before us and not once during the long tedious drive did either of us say a word. And for some odd reason I could not fall asleep, and usually a mates presence is supposed to make you feel at comfort.

Soon thirty minutes turned into a hour and a hour turned into five more. After a dragged along quiet car ride Cavalier finally turns onto a road that leads to a grand Silver gate. And after driving another ten minutes or so surrounded by nothing but woods with eyes watching us we arrived to a large estate.

There was women out in the front grass with their children, teenagers standing together and laughing, adults talking business, a couple of wolves rolling in the grass, and lastly what appeared to be young man standing at the top of the stairs that led to the front doors of the oversized house.

Cavalier pulled over and parked the vehicle, grabbing his phone and pulling his earbuds out of his ears. He didn't say not a word to me as he opened his door and stepped out of the vehicle, he turned my way and his eyes said to get out so that's what I did.

I followed behind him looking around as all eyes landed on us. Most were on him until I sped up a bit to walk beside him so I didn't appear as a lost child and soon all eyes that were on him migrated onto me and the whispers started.

Cavalier placed his hand on my back and guided me up the stairs to the front door. Although he was mad at me I couldn't help but feel that the hand on my back was a possessive gesture towards all the men that were hanging around outside. As we walked up the stairs people bowed around us, I soon realized we were in wolf territory and I was a bit confused on why.

"Welcome Prince Cavalier," the young man at the top of the stairs said as he did a respectful head nod towards Cavalier, I thought royals were to be bowed at....maybe that's only in the movies.

"and welcome to you too Mrs....?" He says looking up into my eyes with beautiful light blue cool eyes. His eyes gave the same vibe as wind blowing at a beautiful white sand, blue water beach. Peaceful.

"Nova....just Nova." I say nodding my head trying to seem as welcoming as him.

"Hmm...you're definitely a worthy mate for the almighty Cavalier," he compliments standing up straight, I could feel waves of approval and pride coming from Cavalier as the words left the young man's mouth.

....but you couldn't speak to me the whole way here? Oh ok.

"My father is waiting in the conference room....the first meeting is men only, and then mates will be allowed in after the quick recess." I could see Cavalier pause for a second but I couldn't see his eyes due to the black shades he was wearing.

"Where will she be until then?" He asks, I was also curious.

"Well I believe the other women are in the dining area, or she can wait in the bedroom." Cavalier looks down at me raising his eyebrows.