2. New girl, forest and Laura

Emma couldn't watch. She stood at her school locker and watched Scott, the only boy she had ever liked, stare at the new girl like a lovesick puppy. 

Emma really wished Scott would look at her that way, but there was one thing she couldn't change. 

'Emma, will you come to our training? ' Stiles spoke up. He didn't know about his best friend's crush, no one did. 

Emma nodded and walked behind her friends. 

Today the coach is picking the lineup for the new lacrosse team for this year. Scott had high hopes of playing this year, he had always dreamed of it. 

Emma watched her friends try out for the game. While Stiles sucked as usual, Scott played surprisingly well. He was really good, despite the fact that they had practiced very little over the holidays. 

What could have caused his sudden change and improved skills?

After Scott finished practice, Stiles and Emma went back into the woods, this time to find Scott's inhaler. He had asthma, so he had to keep it with him at all times. But surprisingly, he didn't need his inhaler at all today. 

'Man, it was like I had an eternity to catch that ball. ' 

Scott said, completely ignoring Emma's presence. The girl sometimes felt unnecessary and ignored around them. 

She didn't know if it was because she was a girl and not a boy, or maybe because they didn't like her that much. Scott went on talking about his abilities. 

'I also feel things that no one else feels. Like your peppermint gum, Stiles. ' 

'And this all started after you were bitten? ' I asked, joining the conversation. 

Scott nodded his head. He was worried that something bad was going to happen to him when Stiles started laughing that he was a werewolf. That would be possible, of course, if such things existed. 

They finally reached the place where Scott was sure he had lost his inhaler. The three of them started to look behind him when they heard a male voice nearby. 

'What are you doing here? This is private property. ' 

The three friends looked at the man. He was dressed in dark clothes and a black leather jacket. He had green eyes, a beard, and a rather well-built body. 

'Sorry, we didn't know. We'll just find one thing and get out of here. ' Emma spoke up and looked at the stranger. 

The man looked at Emma, then at Scott and threw something in his direction. Scott caught it easily. His inhaler. 

'Come on, I have to go to work. ' Scott said as he walked out of the woods. 

'Hey, do you know who that was? Derek Hale! He's just a few years older than us. ' Stiles said. 

Emma nodded her head. 

'Yeah, his family burned down in a fire a few years ago. And his sister Laura took care of me when I was younger. Do you think you could buy me one for my birthday?' Emma thought. 

Scott and Stiles looked at Emma in disgust. 

'You've got to be kidding me! ' exclaimed Scott. 

'No, why? The guy looks awesome hot. ' Emma admitted. 

Derek couldn't hear her anyway, and the girl meant it sincerely. Scott shook his head and didn't say anything the rest of the way. 

Emma knew Scott wasn't jealous and it hurt her a little. She would have preferred that his reaction was due to jealousy of her and not just friendly concern.