3. Confusions

Emma wore her favorite black skinny jeans, a white strapless blouse, a leather jacket and matching black boots. She applied subtle makeup and put her hair up in a messy bun.

The girl looked in the mirror. She looked really good. She had a great figure and curves that every woman should have; she was the envy of half, if not most, of the girls at school.

There were also girls who hated her because of how good she looked, because their boyfriends would look at her in the hallway.

But Emma couldn't help the fact that she had good genes. She also owed her good looks to her many physical activities. Swimming, running, sometimes boxing.

The girl liked to take care of herself and look good. But even that, and the fact that she supported Scott in everything, did not make a boy interested in her.

***

'Are you okay? ' Emma asked Scott as she watched a car pull up to the school and Allison get out.

Scott didn't have an interesting look on his face and Emma hoped the reason was Allison. Scott looked at his friend.

' Allison's father. He was the one who hit me with the bow yesterday. '

' Ouch. So Allison's family hunts werewolves? '

' That's what it boils down to. '

Emma sighed.

'You couldn't find a more unsuitable girl. '

Scott looked at Emma angrily.

' What do you mean? '

' Her father will definitely let you two dating when he finds out that you're the creature his whole family is hunting. '

' I don't give a damn. I'm with her whether her father likes it or not. '

Scott, without looking at Emma, walked over to Allison and greeted her with a kiss. Emma felt a sting in her heart and, not wanting to look at it, turned and went to class.

***

Emma was sitting in the cafeteria with Stiles and Scott when she saw Laura standing at the cafeteria exit. She looked right at Emma with sad eyes.

Emma felt her heart start to beat like crazy. Scott lifted his head from his plate and looked at Emma.

'What is it? '

Emma got up from the table and walked over to Laura.

' I have to go to the bathroom. ' she said to her friends before leaving.

As soon as she left the cafeteria, she started running after Laura. Laura was standing near Emma's car and after a moment she opened the door and got in.

The girl quickly ran to her car, a black Chevy Camaro that her father had driven home one day and announced that the car belonged to her.

Emma opened the door and got in, but there was no one there. No sign of Laura. Emma was convinced that she had seen Derek's sister get into the car. It was all very strange.

Suddenly the driver's side door opened and a tall, muscular boy got in. Emma jumped up frightened.

' How did you get in here? ' Derek asked looking at her.

The girl looked at him confused.

'I don't understand. I just opened the door? '

' Do you need something from me? '

' And you from me? '

Derek fastened his seat belt and took car keys from his pocket.

' You know what, if you are going to steal my car then at least you could not lose my key pendant. '