chapter 2 : all alone

emmys pov 

10 months later 

i was woken up by groaning underneath me. i looked down from my tree to see another biter. when i sleep i find that it is safer for me to sleep in trees away from them than being eaten in my sleep on the floor. 

i grab cal's pocket knife and untie the rope that keeps me secure on the tree. once the rope is of me i shove it back into my bag and start to climb down. once i'm down and off the tree i kick the biter in the leg so that it falls over then i stab it in the head. 

when i kill biters i tend to find a lot of cool stuff on them. a few months ago i found a biter with a really cool badge on it, It's got a cool photo of a shark . sharks have been my favourite animal ever since i was little i remember my room back at home was filled with things that had sharks on them .

i pinned it to my jacket along with all my others but my shark one is definitely my favourite.

every day it was the same routine wake up, eat, kill biters, search for cal,  find a tree then sleep. occasionally i find a house to sleep in and look through and loot for food or water sometimes i'm successful in finding that then other days i'm not, most of the time i have to go days without food. 

i haven't seen anyone since i split up with cal in Atlanta. sometimes i wish i had at least one friend to be with or just have someone to keep me company. 

the one thing that i do know is that i'm not scared anymore well i'm not scared of the biters i'm just scared of being alone for the rest of my life i know that ive been alone for ten months now but at some point i have to find someone right? 

these past few months have been getting colder i know that winter was coming so i had to get more warmer clothes instead of my t-shirts and jeans so have have been wearing my blue shirt with a denim jacket on top its not the best it it was all i could find with limited resources. i all so had a real nice hat the looked so sick on me i know that cal would have loved it he always loved hats and sometimes i would steal some of his and he would get so angry but in the end he would always let me wear them for "only that day" is what he would always say.  

every day i have been looking for cal i know that when we split up he would have gone to the woods because he loved it there .every weekend he would go to the wood and go hunting he always offered me to come with him but every time i declined but now i really wished that i went because knowing something about hunting in this day and age would have really helped me out instead of having to go hungry all the time.

whilst walking i come across a neighbourhood i walk in to one of the houses and loot everything that i can find.

Humming to myself as i walk into the kitchen i find about five cans of food i'd say that pretty successful i find no water but that's fine because i have more than enough to keep me going for another three days. 

the house was pretty messy with only a few biters.i go upstairs into a room. its pretty sweet i shut the door and place my stuff on the floor and jump on the bed.

"oh my fucking god" i say to my self this is probably the comfiest bed i have slept in, in like eight months i know for a fact that i will be sleeping like a baby tonight.