chapter 4: the prison

emmys pov 

a few months later

these past few months have been better than what i thought . The group are still a bit hesitant of me and u understand why but like come on i'm a kid get a grip.

Brenda is the only one out of all the group that seems really interested in me i don't know why but she never leaves me alone she always protects me when we run into biters shes always asking questions.

she kinda reminds me of cal 

Her brother Daryl is very quite. i talk to him sometimes and he will give me either one word answers or nods. i don't think he likes me very much. i wanna try and get to know him more but that seems very impossible if he dose not like me.

the one thing that i have noticed is that Brenda is nothing like Daryl. she is very outspoken when Daryl is the complete opposite.

during these past tough days i have got to know the group so theres a couple Glenn and Maggie and Maggie has a sister called Beth and her dad is the Santa looking guy called Hershel.

Theres rick and his son Carl turns out that Carl is only one year younger than me and his very pregnant mum Lori.

Brenda told me that rick and Carl are both pissed off at Lori because she slept with Rick's best friend.

Then theres t-dog and carol, carol had a daughter who got bitten then died in a barn or something.

Brenda stories are really confusing. but shes nice to me so i'm not gonna complain. 

_______

we got out of our cars and Glenn put a map on the hod of the car. 

"we have got no place left to go" T-dog said while walking up to the map.

"when this herd meets up with this one,we'll be cut off" "we'll never make it south." Maggie says while holding the map

"what do you say? that was about 150 head?" Daryl says 

"that was last week it could be twice by that now"Glenn says 

"this river could have delayed them. if we move fast, we might have a shot to tear right through there." Hershel says 

"yeah, but if this group joins with that one, they could spill out this ways"t-dogs cut Hershel of 

"so we're blocked" Brenda says 

"The only thing to do is double back at 27 and swing toward Greenvile."rick says 

"yeah, yeah we picked through that already. its like we spent the winter going round in circles.

"yeah, i know, i know. at newnan we'll push west. haven't been there yet. we can't keep going house to house. need to find someplace to hold up for a few weeks."rick said while looking at Lori who was resting in the car.

i really wanna know what hapend between them.

"alright is it cool we get to the creek before we head out?It won't take long. we gotta fill up on water. we can boil it later." t-dog says 

rick and Hershel are taking for a few minutes then Daryl says to rick and Brenda 

"hey, while the others wash their panties, let's go hunt. that owl didn't exaclty hit the spot."

as those three were about to walk away Daryl stops and turns to look at me  "you gonna come with us or blondie" 

"or i mean do you really wanna help carol wash every ones panties" he said with a smirk on his face