Chapter 46 "I would like a kiss"

You're welcome 😇
~~

"Okay follow me." Elena says.

Everyone does what they are told before they stop because Elena is standing in front of four hospital beds that have patient mannequins resting on them.

"Today we are checking blood pressure." She then directs each person to a patient bed.

Josie ends up standing in front of a child like mannequin. Excitement floods her veins at the idea of actually taking care of children one day.

"On the table to your right is all of the equipment you need." Everyone looks at the table, a sphygmomanometer, is the only thing that rests on the table."If you did your reading, you will know how to use it. I will walk be walking around, reviewing and correcting your performance. Each patient dummy has a fake heart that mimics different blood types that pumps through the veins so Daniel put your hand down." She says looking at the boy because she knows he was about to ask how will they be able to practice that on a dummy.

He slowly lowered his hand while Elena continues."Write down the blood pressure on the patient form that is also on the table." She points to it,"You guys may begin."

Josie turns to the fake patient and reached for its arm, 'So in the book it says to do this.' She picks up the cuff that's attached to the meter and wraps it around the arm. She then looks at the machine and she recognized the buttons so she pressed one hoping it's the correct one.

It inflates and she watched it mimic how it would stop the flow of blood before it begins deflating. She grabs her stethoscope, putting in the ear plush before bringing it to the arm of the dummy.

She waits looking at her watch and after another thirty seconds she hears a small thump,'Wow it really sounds real.'

She watched the seconds go by on her watch as she listens. After hearing what she needed to hear, she removes the stethoscope and grabs the patient form.

She clicks the pen that was attached to the clipboard before she writes something down. When she's finished she removes the device and lays the arm back down.

"Okay times up." Elena says after walking back and forth to check their progress.

"I didn't know we were being timed." Daniel says.

Elena just rolls her eyes,"I have no idea  how you have gotten this far into the program but I'll say this once more. You are timed on everything so work fast and efficiently." After that she checks each persons dummy.

Josie picks the form back up, she's tapping her finger on the clipboard going over her work to make sure what she heard is properly placed on the sheet.

Elena gets to her and she looks over the  dummy carefully,"Alright Josie, what is this patient's systolic range?" She asks while she moves her own stethoscope to her ears and onto the dummy's arm, pressing the cold metal into it.

Josie's eyes go to her form,"one hundred twelve." She replies.

Elena hums before moving the instrument around slightly."And the diastolic range?"

"Sixty. So one twelve over sixty together."

"Correct" she says removing the stethoscope to put it back on her neck."Is that good or bad?"