First Day!

We're spending six weeks at a beach house! I can't wait. Mom says we'll make friends, live on the beach, and rarely get in a car. I'm going to have a blast. The beach is off the coast of Florida. Mom showed me pictures, and it looks gorgeous. Plus, we aren't far from Delray Beach. So we can get groceries and new things. But we still go to the boardwalk every week.

The house is cream-coloured and has a wraparound porch with chairs. The backyard has a firepit, treehouse, and hammock. In front, we have a stretch of beach. When we go inside, there are three bedrooms. The master bedroom is the same colour as the house. It becomes Moms. The two remaining bedrooms are for me and Kent to divide. They are nearly identical, but one has a King bed, and the other has a full and a twin. Also, the king room is navy blue, and the twin room is lavender. Kent and I don't even talk. I get the purple room, and he gets the blue.

I put my duffel on the bed and looked around. On one side of the bed was a purple shell lamp, and on the other, a trashcan on the other. There is a bulletin board with aesthetic purple polaroids. And the reading situation looks AMAZING. I push open the closet door, but it's not a closet. It's a private bathroom, complete with a shower. I grin, imagining Kent's face when he realises what room I got." Time for dinner." Mom called. I can't wait to find the other secrets of my room.