Day 8

Mom wants us to do lousy vacation bonding time activities. I don't know who she thinks we are. Kent has already been on two (failed) dates, and I can't stop thinking about the mystery girl. Who is she? Will she be here all summer? But anyhow, we are scrapbooking today. We'll collect stuff in the morning and pick out a scrapbook in the afternoon.

We will take seashells and sea glass and put them in a scrapbook. I'm on shell duty. Talk about boring. There are fifty bajillion shells, but none of them are incredible. I'm covered in sand and bored to death. Never mind. I just found a perfect seashell. It is transitioning from cream to light pink. It is adorable. I found a bunch of ______ and cream shells. There is every color imaginable! Pink, purple, red, yellow, blue, and more! Wait. Will this be enough shells?

Okay. Time to pick out a scrapbook. We are getting a pastel because the shells are pastel. I vote for a light purple because my room is purple, but Kent wants it blue for the same reason. But the blue is $19.99, and the purple is $14.99. I love the scrapbook. It looks like my notebook, but it says summer secrets instead of summer diary. Wendy knows everybody's names and gives everybody a ten percent family-and-friends discount.  She smiles as she scans the book, and gives up a glittery pom-pom gel pen. 

We are on the porch. Kent found almost no glass, enough for one every other page. I found enough for 3 shells a page. We eat popsicles and laugh as the sun sets over the glistening ocean.