Chapter 5

The family woke. Sabrina checked on Jacob to find him sitting in the edge of the bed. "Hey Jacob. What do you want to do today?"

Jacob turned with a smile and said " I wanna learn to read."

Sabrina took a book off his bookshelf and handed it to him. It was filled with lots of short stories. Jacob flipped through the book then turned to Sabrina.

"Mr. Moore is the best, but what's this?" He points to a flower in the book.

"A rose." There are some of every flower inside this book, but let's just start with this story. Sabrina spent time reading to the boy then turning the book to face him.

Chase was passing by when he stopped to listen. He heard the boy asking questions and Sabrina answering them. He listened to her read to him. It felt calming, what with her voice.

He sat outside the door to listen more. Sabrina's voice was so calming, he fell asleep. Sabrina tucked Jacob in then left his room. She didn't pay attention and missed Chase sleeping on the floor. She showered and got into bed.

Chase only woke up because he heard footsteps. Jacob was going to the bathroom. Chase went into his and Sabrina's room only to find Sabrina asleep and tucked in. Her laid a light kiss to her forehead then climbed into bed.
............
Jacob's going shopping soon!

Comment!

Like!