five

please excuse any mistakes ❤️‍🩹

CHAPTER FIVE

Raven woke up to the sound of pots and pans clanging together and old school RnB playing loudly from the speaker in her downstairs area. She let out a sleepy groan, picking her phone up off the nightstand to check the time.

7:33 AM

She let out an irritated sigh and put her phone back down, stuffing her head underneath her satin pillows. She knew she was up for the day, being the type of person that couldn't go back to sleep once she was awake. But she wasn't quite ready to get out of bed and face her father.

Despite what she had assumed, her night with Calvin wasn't spent with interrogations and lectures. In fact their time spent had been pleasant with very minimal conversation—none of which was about her day yesterday. She could only hope for it to be the same way today.

While she lied in silence, staring into the darkness from underneath her pillow, she heard her bedroom door open after a short knock. Calvin stood there for a second, trying to gauge if she was awake or not and Raven mistakenly moved her foot, giving him his answer.

"Zaria get up. I cooked breakfast." He said, stepping closer into the room but not completely. He knew how she felt about people in her space.

"I'm not hungry," she grumbled only to get ignored.

"Come on, get up," he knocked on the door one last time, not giving her any room for argument as he left her doorway.

Rae whined, kicking her legs and throwing her arms around in a tantrum. She had planned on today being an easier day where she just stayed in bed for majority of it. Clearly her dad had other plans.

She got out of bed with that same permanent frown as yesterday and pulled her shorts out her butt. She stretched a little before grabbing her phone and going into the bathroom, pulling her bottoms down and taking a seat on her toilet. She used the bathroom and scrolled through her notifications, reading through the multitude of messages.

There were some from Semaj, a few of her family members and Justus causing her to feel bad. She didn't realize until now, but Justus hadn't crossed her mind at all in the past few days and that didn't sit right with her. She just knew he was confused and wondering what he did wrong. She was going to have to do some explaining.

Raven finished using the toilet and wiped before standing and flushing. She pulled her shorts and panties all the way off along with her tank top, tossing them into her hamper and going to start her shower. She wasn't in there long, knowing Calvin was waiting for her, and only taking about 15 minutes to clean herself before getting out. Once she was out, she did her skin care routine and brushed her teeth, before finally going into her closet to find an outfit.

She rubbed herself down in lotion and body oil, put on her underwear and threw on black leggings and a black camisole. She brushed out her hair, sprayed herself with her favorite perfume before finally dragging herself downstairs.

When Raven made it to the kitchen, Calvin was fixing plates for the both of them and placing them on her island since she still didn't have a dining table yet. She took a seat in front of her plate and watched as her dad poured the two of them a glass of the juice she made a few days ago.