Chapter 51

The two men were residents of Seoul who had come to pay respects to their deceased relative's grave. However, the middle-aged woman had arrived from outside Seoul just the week prior. She had a daughter hospitalized in the city, and due to her suspicion of being followed, she had refrained from leaving the hospital.

Jimin took a seat on the sofa and examined the middle-aged woman's record closely. "Does this woman have any known relatives or friends buried at the cemetery?" he inquired.

Taehyung hesitated momentarily before responding, "There are no known relatives, but when it comes to friends, it's difficult to ascertain."

Jimin nodded thoughtfully. "Continue monitoring these three individuals, but pay particular attention to that woman," he instructed.

"Understood, President Park," Taehyung acknowledged, prepared to carry out the task diligently.

As Taehyung departed, Y/N couldn't help but feel a mix of anger and amusement. She expressed her frustration, saying, "I really don't understand what's going through their heads that they would resort to something like this."

Jimin contemplated the situation, explaining, "These two men are from Seoul, visiting the cemetery for their relatives. It seems unlikely that they're connected to this case. However, this woman just arrived here. Her daughter is in the hospital. Could her actions be related to her sick daughter? What do you think?"

Leaning back on the sofa, he continued, "These two men are local residents. If they had ill intentions, they could have acted much earlier. Why now? Besides, their recent behavior has been quite normal. There's no apparent reason for them to suddenly engage in such activities. There's been nothing to provoke them recently, right?"

Recognizing the significance of the woman's daughter in the equation, Jimin concluded, "It's likely that the woman's actions are somehow connected to her daughter."

Y/N insisted on accompanying him to the hospital, and Jimin agreed, saying, "Okay, we'll go together tomorrow."

The following day, Y/N accompanied Jimin to the hospital. As they inquired about the woman's situation, they discovered that she had brought her daughter to one of Seoul's top hospitals. It was revealed that the girl was suffering from a serious heart condition, a costly illness to treat.

Jimin and Y/N proceeded down the corridor, passing the room where the woman was engaged in a discussion with the doctor.

They were in the midst of discussing the hospital fees, and it became apparent that the woman hadn't made any payments. She repeatedly bowed to the doctor, pleading for more time to settle the bill. The doctor, feeling somewhat helpless, explained that she had only paid for the first day and hadn't made any further payments. The situation was becoming increasingly delayed.

Eventually, it appeared that the doctor reluctantly agreed to give her more time, which prompted the woman to express her gratitude. However, when she turned and saw Y/N and Jimin nearby, her expression changed. Although she swiftly averted her gaze and entered her daughter's room.

Y/N, noticing her reaction, remarked to Jimin, "She recognized us. It's not her first time here; otherwise, she wouldn't react like that."

Jimin nodded in agreement. Jimin put his arm around her shoulder and suggested, "Let's head home for now. I'll have someone look into her further."

Jimin promptly contacted Taehyung and instructed him to cease investigating the two men. Instead, he emphasized the importance of closely monitoring the woman and conducting a thorough inquiry into her activities.

"She's in dire financial straits," Jimin explained to Y/N, "I've heard that her daughter suffers from heart disease and requires expensive medical care. She's unable to cover all the costs. So, Y/N, where do you think she might find the money?"

Y/N pondered for a moment before suggesting, "Perhaps she's dealing with emotional issues. Maybe she believes all of this is happening because of Grandma. Jimin, if that's the case, shouldn't you recognize her?"

Jimin shook his head. "No, I don't."

-

"President Park, look over there," Taehyung reported. "That woman is standing by. She was here all day yesterday, and she's back again today. This time, however, she hasn't entered the building; she's just pacing in front."

The woman appeared hesitant, wandering around the lobby of the Lee Company, formerly known as the Park Company.

"Who do you think she's looking for?" Taehyung inquired, his expression filled with confusion.

Jimin remained silent. They were seated in a coffee shop across from the Lee Company, providing them with a clear view of the woman's actions.

Suddenly, a car pulled up in front of the Lee Company, and Taemin emerged from it.

"Lee Taemin..." Taehyung mused aloud. "Could that woman know him? Is she searching for him?"

As Taemin entered the car, the woman continued to observe him intently. She seemed on the verge of following him, but ultimately refrained, perhaps due to a lack of courage. She appeared disheartened.

Jimin, watching her reaction, reached for his car keys. "Let's go."

They made their way to their car and departed from the scene.

As they drove past a restaurant, they observed the woman purchasing some food.

Jimin brought the car to a halt and patiently waited for her. Once she exited the restaurant, Jimin began following her discreetly.

Eventually, the woman realized that a car was tailing her, causing her to turn her head in alarm.

Jimin, however, came to a stop and rolled down his window. "Lee Ji Ah," he called out.

Startled by Jimin's presence, the woman quickly averted her gaze and hastened her pace.

Jimin chuckled coldly and continued to trail her.

The woman, growing increasingly anxious, repeatedly glanced over her shoulder, her expression reflecting her distress as she noticed Jimin's persistent presence.

Eventually, she turned into a narrow alley, convinced that Jimin wouldn't pursue her, allowing her to elude him.

Jimin, however, brought the car to a halt, unbuckled his seatbelt, and gave chase. Taehyung followed closely behind.

Finally, the woman found herself cornered by Taehyung and Jimin. She trembled with fear. "What are you doing? Why are you following me? Who are you guys?"

"No need to pretend anymore," Jimin asserted.