Kim vs. Kristina

Kim vs. Kristina

Kourtney Kardashian Reveals Her One Request for Her Vintage Disney-Themed Baby Shower

'The Kardashians' star let her family plan the party for the baby she is expecting with husband Travis Barker

Published on September 28, 2023 08:42AM EDT

Kourtney Kardashian Barker at her baby shower

Kourtney Kardashian Barker at her baby shower. PHOTO: TRAVIS BARKER INSTAGRAM

Kourtney Kardashian Barker is sharing the one element of party planning she likes to be involved in — even when the bash is a surprise for her!

The 44-year-old celebrated the impending arrival of her baby boy — who she is expecting with husband Travis Barker — with a vintage Disney-themed baby shower thrown for her by mom Kris and sisters Kristina, Kim, Khloé, Kylie and Kendall. And even though Kourtney left the organization up to her family members, she still had one must for the day.

"Kourt wanted a vintage Disney theme, but then really gave up control in order to be surprised. Her only request? Mickey pretzels (with a side of nacho cheese sauce for dipping) and churros," an article posted on Kourtney's lifestyle website Poosh read.

The Lemme founder added in the piece, "As someone who loves aesthetics and details, I also have learned to love letting go and allowing people close to me to surprise me, which is the best feeling, Walking into the party was so magical."

Sure enough, the shower was complete with a colorful churros cart and a pretzel stand filled with Mickey Mouse-shaped treats.

"I wanted to make sure that we had all of Kourtney's favorite foods," Kris, 67, told Poosh. "She had her Mickey Mouse pretzels and her churros and the Mickey Mouse waffles for brunch. It was really a dream come true."

The bash was held in the backyard of Kris' Los Angeles home, and the momager picked out every detail for the party alongside event planner Mindy Weiss and her team.

"The planning process started by discussing the core memories from Kris taking Kourtney and her siblings to Disneyland over the years," Weiss told Poosh. "The way it looked, smelled, tasted. The feeling you get when you are there. We took those important elements and translated them into our own version of an authentic Disneyland experience in Kris's backyard."

"Those memories are so special, so to be able to bring them to life meant a lot, and there's nobody better to do it than Mindy Weiss," added Kris.

Kourtney's husband Barker was also a guest of honor at the shower and shared a snap of his wife standing in front of a sign reading "Baby Barker," which was inspired by Disneyland's attraction It's A Small World. In a poolside shot, The Kardashians star smiled and cradled her bump while wearing a patterned jumpsuit and black Mickey Mouse ears.

Guests were treated to plenty of Disney goodies throughout the day, including Mickey balloons, a vintage Mickey Mouse cake, an Alice in Wonderland-themed food spread and an appearance from a barbershop quartet resembling the park's Dapper Dans.