New Friends

"Celine, why am I going tonight?" I asked my friend.

"Come on Audrey, you haven't been out since you relocated, and I'm singing at a nice jazz club tonight. They asked me to be a regular on the weekends." she smiled.

"That's amazing! How did you not tell me this sooner?" I demanded as I finished fixing myself.

"You've been busy getting settled in and it only just happened week before last." she said.

"Okay, so tonight we celebrate your good fortune and my inability to carry a tune." I said, making Celine laugh.

"Let's go have a good night." Celine laughed.

"Let's do that."

For tonight I went simple and easy in all black. A body hugging dress with high heels as well and gold accessories. My makeup was simple but punchy at the same time, that I'm good at, really good. I left my hair long and loose, which is how I like it best. Opening the closet door, I grabbed a dark grey jacket and my black purse from the table.

"You ready?" Celine asked.

"Hell yeah."

At the restaurant, I got a table to myself once we arrived, knowing that she'd be on stage for the majority of the night. The woman has a set of sultry pipes on her that I absolutely envy. I like to think I can carry a soft tune but nothing in the way of Celine Destin.

As she took a break after her set, she came over to me and finally sat down. We were just talking when the bartender showed up with a bottle of champagne. The expensive kind.

"Where did this come from, Mark?" Celine asked him.

"Gentleman over there." he said, nodding towards the table. "The older looking one ordered it."

"Well damn, salt and pepper fox for you, Celine." I smiled.

Mark brought the bottle open and put it in an ice bucket for us after pouring two flutes.

"What do you think? Wanna go over to say thank you?" Celine asked.

"You're wild." I smiled.

"That wasn't a no." she smiled back.

"No, it definitely wasn't." I replied, cautiously looking at the other man at the table.

"The night is young Audrey, let's enjoy it." she smiled, tugging on my hand.

Celine Destin is a wonderful woman and a wonderful friend I made when I moved into my apartment four months ago. She's just a few years older than me but we get along amazingly. She's taken it upon herself to get me to socialize more and here is another attempt. However, I can't deny that both men sitting at the table are very attractive.

The closer we got the more I was intrigued. The younger man caught sight of us before Celine's admirer did. I can tell he's tall, very handsome if I do say, from what I can see anyway. He's clothes choice was more casual than his suited friend in a dark, long sleeve shirt and what I'm assuming are jeans. However he pulled it off quite well in this type of establishment.

"Hello. Um, thanks for the bottle of champagne. Bartender told me you sent it." Celine said, getting the attention of both men.

"So much for being a secret admirer." The older gentleman said, smiling, and that is a dangerous smile.

"I'm Celine Destin. This is my friend, Audrey Hansen." Celine said to introduce us.

"David Rossi, and my friend Aaron Hotchner."

"Hi. How do you do? Nice to meet you." Mr. Hotchner said, getting up to shake my hand.

"Hi." I smiled.