Late Valentine's Day

"JJ, why are you calling me at 3 am?" I groaned into the phone.

"Matt is in the hospital."

"What's new? Where is he?" I asked as I got out of his California King bed.

"Your hospital."

"Of course, how bad?"

"You're really calm." she chuckled.

"Someone is always getting hurt, so I'm not getting anxious or worried over it anymore, why would I? If it was bad this call would've started differently. What happened?"

I made my way around the bedroom in the dark, getting dressed as JJ explained what happened in the best way she could without giving me all of the information. As soon as I hung up with her, I called the hospital to get an update. Thankfully, it's not a bad injury, and he won't require surgery. I swear the BAU is going to give me an ulcer. All of them are going to drive me insane ... and/or to drink ... as I take two shots of tequila to wake me up.

We are supposed to be off for the next four days, and the fifth day is a federal holiday, but no, he has to go and get injured. I mean ... we can still enjoy our mini-vacation; we just have to see what his limitations are. I grabbed a bag of chips to get rid of the tequila smell and jumped in my car. I don't live close to the hospital, so I was at his place, and after ignoring the speed limits, I got there in about eight minutes.

"Hey, Cadie." one of the shift nurses smiled sympathetically.

"Hey Angie, where's he at?" I asked.

"Room 308, he's okay kid." she smiled.

"I know. I'm gonna hurt him worse for making me come back here." I told her, making her laugh.

"Well, I didn't know anything, and I'll hide you." she said.

"Thanks."

The elevator dinged, the doors opened on the third floor, and the members of the BAU were standing around the waiting room. They were two members short anyway, but they all turned in my direction.

"He's okay." Garcia quickly said, teetering over to me on her heels and wrapping her arms around me.

"He better be." I said.

"You got here quickly." The unit chief, Emily, said with a raised eyebrow.

"Disrespectfully." I replied, making her shake her head.

"I didn't hear that." she quickly said.

"I can say it louder." I told her, making Tara and Dave laugh.

"No, that's fine. It's better that I didn't hear it." she sighs.

"Go, they're waiting for you." Spencer said.

I walked down the hallway and into Matt's room, finding Luke with him already. They looked up at me with sheepish looks on their faces. Luke was sitting on the bed by Matt's legs.

"What the hell did you two do now?" I asked, climbing into the bed with Matt.

"Would you believe me if I said it was an accident?" Matt asked, leaning in to press his lips to mine.

"Not at all." I said, looking at Luke.

"It was an accident." he said, rubbing the back of his head before leaning in to kiss me.

"Which one of you recklessly jumped in to save the victim? Which one had to be the hero, and the other jumped in to protect him?" I asked them, making both of them look away.

"Mami, it's not like that." Luke said.

"Don't you lie to me." I argued.

"I had to run after an unsub, and we didn't know there were two. The second one got me down, and Luke went after the first one." Matt said, reaching out to grab Luke's hand.