We look for Scott's inhaler

Willow's POV:

Me, Allison, and Lydia walk to the bleachers and sit down. Jackson left a while back to join the tryouts. I see Stiles and Scott jogging around the field. Scott is ahead, continuing confidently while Stiles is panting and out of breath. That's strange. They seem to be talking about something when Scott looks up at us. Behind him, Stiles lifts his arm in a greeting gesture, and I wave back, realising that Scott is looking at Allison. I turn to her and see her shoot him a smile. Before he can smile back, Coach appears in front of him and yells his name.

"McCall!" Coack screams. Scott replies to him roughly, and Coach throws him a giant lacrosse stick and an even larger helmet. Scott narrows his eyes in confusion. Coach says something to him, causing Scott to frown. They talk for a bit, and then Coach smacks Scott on the back. They share a few other words before Coach pats Scott's face lightly and jogs back to the tryouts. Scott face tells me that whatever was said wasn't going to end well. I turn to see Lydia looking at Scott like she had never seen him before. Allison also stares at Scott, who reluctantly walks to the goal. Scott? At the goal? Yep, this wasn't going to end well.

"Who's that?" Allison asks Lydia. Lydia looks at her before replying. "Him? I'm not sure. Why?" Allison shrugs nonchalantly, "He's in my English class," she says, then turns to me. "Do you know who he is?" I nod slowly. "He's one of my best friends, Sc-" I am cut off by Coach's whistle, which pierces my ears. I turn to him in frustration and see Scott covering his ears in agony. The whistle wasn't that loud. So why was he covering his ears?

Jackson takes his distraction as an opportunity and shoots the ball at Scott. It hits him square in the face, and he falls back. The rest of the team starts laughing. Me and Stiles share a concerned look. "Hey, way to catch with your face, McCall!" Jackson yells at him. I am about to get up and see if Scott's ok when he gets up again. I exhale in relief. Scott shakes his shoulders and gets ready again. To all of surprise and most of all his, he catches the next one, making Stiles cheer loudly. He catches the next few as well, and I can see that Lydia and Allison are impressed.

"He seems like he's pretty good," Allison says. "Yeah, very good," Lydia replies. I smile proudly, but my smile falls off my face when Jackson pushes the next person in line backward and comes to try out himself. I place my elbows on my knees and lean forwards nervously. "You've got this, Scott," I whisper under my breath. Suddenly, Scott looks up and shoots me his puppy smile, almost as if he had heard what I said. But how was that possible? His hearing can't be that good, can it? To test this out again, I cover my mouth and whisper softly, "Focus on Jackson, Scotty." Scott nods and turns back to an enraged Jackson, who runs towards him as fast as he can. My leg bounces up and down nervously when Jackson throws the ball with as much strength as he can muster. I close my eyes, afraid of the outcome when I hear Stiles yell, "That's my friend," and Lydia cheer. I opened my eyes and saw that Scott had caught the ball. I get up and start cheering for him loudly, and Jackson shoots us a glare. Lydia just shrugs at him, and I poke my tongue out.

*Time skip*

Scott, Stiles, and I walk over the overgrown roots and the creek at the preserve, looking for the body that Scott found and his inhaler that he lost. As we walk, Scott talks about the tryouts.

"I-I don't know what it was. It was like I had all the time in the world to catch the ball. And that's not the only weird thing. I-I can hear stuff I shouldn't be able to hear. Smell things." Me and Stiles look at him curiously. "Smell things? Like what?" Stiles asks. "Like the mint mojito gum in your pocket," Scott replies. Stiles looks at him baffled, " I don't even have any mint mojito--," he stops talking as he checks his pocket and finds half eaten mint mojito gum. He looks at Scott, who lifts his hands in a 'I told you so' gesture. "Eww, Stiles! Why?" I say disgusted. Stiles glares at me and then asks Scott, "So all this started with the bite?" I look at Stiles, who seems intrigued while Scott is panicking.