Chapter Six: Biship

The city skyline glittered with a myriad of lights, stretching out beneath the night sky. Fairy lights and blooming potted flowers adorned the rooftop garden, creating a serene atmosphere in the gentle breezes.

Minjoo looked out over the edge of the garden with a soft smile. She took in the fresh air, sighing, "There's something magical about the city at night."

Taeyang peered into the city. He turned to Minjoo, gaining her attention. Their eyes locked--two pairs of spheres gravitating toward each other like planets.

"Yeah. But nothing compares to the magic I see in your eyes, Minjoo."

A pink tinge filled Minjoo's cheeks as her smile grew. She playfully nudged Taeyang, "Look who's feeling romantic today. You even brought out the cheesy lines."

Mischievous glints twinkled in Taeyang's eyes. He stood up with his hand extended toward Minjoo. "Care to dance under the stars, my lady?"

Minjoo giggled, taking the young man's hand. She stood up gracefully, allowing the pair to move to the center of the garden, their steps perfectly in sync. With a small speaker next to their feet, they began to dance--a simple ballroom routine.

Their bodies moved fluidly with each step, filling the atmosphere with silent emotion. Slowly, they danced with their eyes locked, speaking volumes without words. The world around them disappeared; only the others' eyes kept them grounded.

As the song reached its crescendo, they shared a passionate kiss underneath the moon. A sweet, but bitter, hint of lemon mixed in their kiss, reminding the couple of the light meal they just finished.

"We should drop the act," Taeyang said softly.

"Why?" Minjoo giggled. "It's fun to see them look at us suspiciously."

"Because I want to broadcast to the world that I have such a beautiful girlfriend."

Taeyang swept the fox into a bridal carry, pecking her forehead. Giggles and soft laughter filled the air as the couple chased one another around the garden. With their backs on the picnic blanket, and their chests heaving to catch its breath, they held hands.

"I love you, Taeyang."

"I love you too, Minjoo noona."

Minjoo hummed as she walked down the dimly lit street. Cars whirred past the student, giving her inspiration for her future. She squealed at the idea of sitting in the passenger seat and watching Taeyang drive.

Maybe I should see if he'll start practicing~

To her right, a small opening between buildings revealed a calm alleyway.

I'll take the shortcut home today; see if I can call him before he goes to sleep.

Only the sound of Minjoo's steps accompanied her through the secluded path. Dim lamps illuminated the path with just enough light to show the path--no more, no less.

Suddenly, a second pair of footsteps accompanied the fox. She turned back to see a single person walking a few paces behind her. Their face remained hidden by a mask and hood, and their pockets covered their hands. 

Minjoo increased her pace, straining her ears for the sound of footsteps behind her. When they too quickened, she heard a sharp step. Without hesitating, Minjoo turned around, coating herself in aether. The person coated their fist in a green aura, prompting Minjoo to redirect their punch.

She extended a water tendril from her arm as they passed her, binding their feet together. With a simple tug, the person fell to the ground. As they regained their footing, Minjoo ripped their mask from their face with her tendril, knocking their hood back in the same motion.