46

"𝙒𝙝𝙚𝙣 𝙄'𝙢 𝙬𝙞𝙩𝙝𝙤𝙪𝙩 𝙮𝙤𝙪, 𝙩𝙝𝙚𝙧𝙚'𝙨 𝙣𝙤𝙩𝙝𝙞𝙣𝙜 𝙩𝙤 𝙡𝙞𝙫𝙚 𝙛𝙤𝙧"

.

.

.

Miray sprinted aimlessly, cutting through the stillness of the night as she desperately called out for Rayan. Her instincts had guided her to the beach, even though the road might have appeared as the safer and better-lit option, in stark contrast to the moonlight that barely illuminated the shoreline. Yet, Miray's bare feet carried her to the beach, the adrenaline coursing through her body, numbing her senses to the small cuts that now marred her feet.

As the unsettling reality set in that she stood alone in the vast, dark expanse of the deserted beach, a chilling apprehension seized her. Her heart constricted, and a surge of terror stifled her cries. 

The fear that making too much noise might attract someone's attention, potentially mirroring past horrors, paralyzed her with dread. In the midst of that eerie silence, she strained to hear any faint whispers in the dark, her senses on high alert, unsure of what hidden dangers might lurk in the shadows.

"Rayan," she whispered through her sobs, her feet carrying her in frantic, unpredictable patterns as she desperately scanned the surroundings. Her desperate search led her to him. There, by the water's edge, she saw him standing, clutching something in his hand, with a small boat nearby.

"RAYAN!" Her voice rang out, a mix of relief, fear, and a multitude of emotions.

Startled, Rayan quickly turned around, his expression a jumble of surprise and confusion. Seeing Miray there, of all people, had caught him completely off guard.

Was he imagining her again?

He had been well aware of Miray's deep fear of going out alone, so he firmly believed she wouldn't attempt to follow him. In his mind, it was unthinkable that she would even dare to.

In his haste to face her, Rayan dropped whatever he had been holding, the clatter of the object fading into the sand. He met Miray in the middle, because even if she was just a ghost, Rayan still wanted to hold her. His heart hammered in his throat as Miray threw herself into his arms, trembling and crying, her words a jumble of incoherent fear and desperation. 

He instinctively held her close, trying to soothe her with murmured apologies and reassurances.

"Hey, it's okay,"

"You're okay,"

"You're not alone,"

"Here, I got you,"

"I'm so sorry,"

"Miray,"

"Please, just breathe..."

It was painfully obvious that she had been terrified, and Rayan couldn't help but hate himself for putting her through such an ordeal without a second thought. He had never anticipated that she would follow him, let alone dare to wander around the empty and dark beach alone.

Miray was holding Rayan for dear life, her mind tangled in a web of emotions and confusion. Her tears wet on her cheeks, and she clung to him as if he were her lifeline. She had so many questions, so much she wanted to say, but she couldn't find the words. Her world had turned upside down in a matter of minutes.

But suddenly, her hand brushed against something hidden behind Rayan's back, tucked into his jeans. Her curiosity got the better of her, and she gingerly pulled the object out, her fingers trembling. Somewhere deep in her mind, she recognized what it was, but she needed to see it with her own eyes to be sure.