Lost

They weren't making any progress.

  The Maze had gotten even more twisted, and Lynix knew night was approaching. Well, his axolotl did, and that was basically the same thing. Doni said it wasn't, but Lynix didn't care about his opinion. Or did he? He thought he didn't, but...

  No. Lynix didn't care at all about what Doni thought of him, not now, not ever. And right now, they had to focus on getting out of this Maze. The feeling of being watched certainly didn't help.

  "Hey Doni?" He asked meekly.

  "Yeah?" He replied, still looking around the corners to see if there was any sign of an exit. The symbols were less frequent here, so they took that as a good sign. "What's up?"

  "I- I think we're more lost than before. It's probably, like, midnight by now, and there's still no sign of an exit. What if we never get out?" Memories came flooding back to Lynix, before he quickly shut them down before he could show it.

  But not fast enough. Somehow, Doni noticed it. "Are you okay?" He asked, genuine concern in both his voice and face.

  "Yeah, I-I'm fine," Lynix replied, shaking. No, I'm not okay, He thought, saddened slightly. But I can't let you see that. I can't let you see how weak I am.

  Arms wrapped around Lynix, and he looked over to see Doni hugging him before quickly pulling away. "Sorry," He said, scratching his head in the same cu-awkward way he did the day he returned Lynix's axolotl. It was the same voice too.

  "No, it's- fine," Lynix replied, trying to calm him, before noticing something in his peripheral vision. It looked sort of like a person, but floating a bit off the ground and completely made of shadows, and it was running down a hallway.

  "I have an idea," Doni said confidently. "Come on- wait, hold on. where's your axolotl?"

  They looked around before seeing it standing in the same corridor that the shadow person ran down. After noticing them walking towards it, it swiftly walked down the hallway. Lynix ran fast. Doni ran after them, after attempting to fly and failing somehow.

  They burst through a wall of vines, Lynix scooping up his axolotl along the way, to a beautiful field. But they weren't outside. The "sky" was actually something like blue concrete, and the grass was green concrete, save for the few patches of dirt housing lone flowers. If that wasn't weird enough, the way back to the Maze was nowhere to be found.

  "Doni? Where are we?"

  The other person shook his head. "I don't know. I've never seen this place before. I've only went into the Maze once, and barely made it back out. I think we might be lost."

____________________________________________________________

Hehehehehe cliffhanger go brrrrrrrrrr.

My cacti, I am extremely sorry for my actions in the above sentence. Anyways, had a lot of fun with this chapter, and the picture for it. Also, big things planned for next chapter! I already somehow have the picture in the coloration stage, so... yeah I guess? My good vibes are unkillable today, so I'm sending some over to y'all. See ya!