Even harsher truths

THE GIRL WITH THE SAWFISH TATTOO

"Dinner's served." Sanji said, placing some pots of food down. Sanji had made all the meals, whilst Sora had cut some ingredients and watched him.

Currently, she was sat crossed legged on the counter eating the food made. "You know, this is the best thing I've eaten in my entire life." Nojiko looked at Sanji.

"Listen. There's plenty more where that came from, but first, we really need to know about Nami." Sanji said, glancing round at everyone.

She told the story. Tears forming quickly. Nojiko had lost her breath easily after. Sora stood from her place on the counter to join the table.

"Wait. Nami's working for the pirate that killed your mother?" Usopp questioned. She just nodded, feeling a hand on her shoulder. Sora rested it, providing some comfort for the girl.

Luffy slowly stood, an unreadable expression lay on his face. He didn't speak. He just walked out.

Sora glanced over at Zoro, he was already looking at her. She tilted her head slightly, making him standing up to follow Luffy.

There was a somber mood across the group, unable to process what they had been told. Had they really been lied to this whole time? Had Nami really been evil? They had hoped for the truth for so long, that when given to them it felt like lies.

"Boom!" Buggy screamed out, scaring Usopp. The boy was just trying to sort his bombs out, but no, the clown had other ideas.

"Yeah, I'm gonna go get some air." Nojiko said, placing her put down.

Due to the clowns yells and laughter, Sora had dropped her cutlery that she was trying to balance.

"Can you just be quiet?" Usopp asked the head.

"We, come on. Where's the fun in that?" He jested. "Do you really think your little toys can get through the skin if a fishman?"

"These are smoke bombs." Usopp replied quietly.

"Smoke? That's rich." The clown slightly laughed. "Makes me think of how long it's been since I've had any smoked fish. Maybe if you guys had some extra? Please? Ah, screw you guys! Arlong's gonna bite the shit out of you anyway. You know you don't stand a chance against him and his army."

"Look, bobby, shut up or I'll throw you to the sharks." Sora said, focusing on re-stacking her tower of silverware.

"I will...if you can remember my name, sugar." He grinned, jumping over to her direction.

"I'll only remember yours, if you remember mine." She rolled her eyes.

"What? You mean, hot stuff, isn't your name?" He started chuckling at his stupid joke. Sora stood up, grabbing the blunt knife from her tower. "What are you gonna do? Butter me to death?" He laughed loudly. Whilst he prattled on and Sora went to swing, a tangerine was shoved in his mouth.

"New guy shuts up the clown head." Sanji said, smirking proudly. Sora just laughed at the clowns struggle. "Sora, stop stacking and start passing." Sanji pointed at the cutlery she was hoarding.

She eventually passed them, deciding to join Luffy and Zoro outside. Before she could climb on the roof she heard loud commotion.

She walked towards the sounds, occasionally jogging hoping to get to the sounds quicker.

No thoughts. Just her feet hitting the dirt and rocks underneath. Passing by blobs of orange and green, they blurred under the night skies. She heard sounds of other people joining her running.

A flash of red. Luffy.

Then green. Zoro.

What if the villagers were being attacked again?

What if Nojiko had been hurt?

What if the marines had found them?

What if another pirate Lord had followed?

Far too many questions, the answer not coming fast enough.

It wasn't until she heard screams of pain, that she actually ran. It seemed the field went on for much longer than she thought. It was like a maze. She could hear, but not yet see.

Until she could.

Nami.

That was all it took for Luffy to race towards the girl. Sora froze, her whole body trying to catch up with itself.

She felt an arm pull her away. Stopping her from running towards Nami.

Seconds turned to minutes. Minutes into hours. It seemed time was consuming.

Two other people joined, glancing at Sora and Zoro. Sora panting and Zoro holding her slightly pulling her back to sit down.

What snapped them out of there initial shock was Luffy's yell of determination. "Of course I will!" He walked towards them. "Let's go."

"Right." They all yelled, Sora felt furious. For the first time, she felt anger. She couldn't believe how naive she had been, not seeing that Nami was in pain. If she had earlier, maybe non of this would've happened. She was angry at Arlong. His whole crew. She also just wanted to give Nami a hug.

"What's that?" Usopp asked, hearing yells and guns in the distance. Sora stood, looking out at the distance. "They're attacking the village."

The flames lit up their eyes, shining in the violence.

A/N
Bbg Nami deserves all hugs thx
no questions asked