Twenty Two

third pov :: baek eunju & park sunghoon

Who knew silence could be this loud?

The words rolled off of Sunghoon's tongue and left Baek Eunju start-struck.

She didn't know what to do, say, or think. Should she allow him to kiss her? Did she even want him to kiss her? Yes. But she was scared.

Scared because it would be her first kiss. What if she was bad? What if her breath smelt bad? What if Sunghoon realized he didn't like her at all? Did she even like him?

She didn't know what to do. Her head was in shambles. Did she still like Lee Heeseung? Or was her heart yearning for Park Sunghoon?

Eunju's breathing quivered as she took a step back from Sunghoon and gulped slightly as she lowered her head to avoid eye contact.

She felt awful.

"I'm sorry, Sunghoon..." She quietly apologized, earning nothing in response.

The bathroom fell silent. So silent that both Eunju and Sunghoon could hear their hearts breaking for one another.

She wanted to kiss him. She really did. But, she wasn't one hundred percent sure if her feelings for Heeseung had completely gone. It would've made the girl feel guilty if she kissed Sunghoon, knowing she liked someone else at the same time.

"I'm sorry." Sunghoon cut the tension, standing up from the toilet seat, to then check over his face in the large bathroom mirror. "I know you like Lee Heeseung. It was stupid of me to ask."

Eunju opened her mouth to protest.

Protest against the fact that she didn't want him to leave. She wanted him to stay — Stay with her through the night and make sure that he was okay. But before she got the chance to make any of that a reality, the boy had left her home after muttering a 'thank you.'

Her shoulders slumped sadly and she leaned herself against the bathroom counter.

How could she of been so stupid? So stupid to let someone so precious go.

4 days later

It had been four days since the situation, and since then, Sunghoon and Eunju hadn't seen much of one another.

Sunghoon had been off of school due to a sickness bug according to his sister, and the messages they'd share were of very few words.