9. Lemonade smiles

Chavi made her way out of their room towards the kitchen. No one else was there, so she sat on the counter chair thinking about what Siddhant said.

She knew what he said was absolutely right. She herself came before anyone else. It should be like that. But she can't pull herself for that role. Call it her attachment with every member of the family or the effect of being a desi bahu.

And she knows pretty well now how their parents would react. She have actually got a trailer while talking to her mother in law on the jhula.

"CHAVI!" A sudden voice came from behind making her jump on her seat slightly.

"Maa? Kya hua?" She asked looking shocked to Aisha.

Who shook her head at this young girl in front of her.

"Dhyaan kaha hai tera? Main kabse aawaj laga tahi hu. Are you fine beta? Is your health okay?" Aisha genuinely cared for her and asked her while putting her hand on Chavi's forehead, checking her temperature.

"Wha-what! I'm fine mumma. Really. Why were you calling me though?" She said getting away from Aisha respectfully and asked her.

Even tho Aisha gave her a side eye, she eventually let it go thinking it must be something personal she don't want to share.

"I was asking about Siddhant. Where is he? I haven't seen him since morning. And he's not even in his room I already checked in their." Chavi got a bit nervous but then answered.

"I don't know maa. Last time we talked, he was in his room. You want me to call him if it's something urgent?" Chavi asked while reaching for her phone on the counter.

Just then Siddhant appeared in the kitchen, opening the fridge to get some water and drank it.

"Lo. Mil gaya." Aisha smiled and made her way towards Siddhant.

They were talking about something personal. But all the time his eyes were on Chavi, who tried not to look at those black orbs as much as she could.

"Okay maa. Don't worry." Saying this he assured Aisha, who then left the kitchen smilling. Chavi wondered what she wanted to talk about but decided not to pry.

"We need to talk." He said making his way towards her, who started nonchalantly making lemonade.

"No. We don't." She said without turning towards him and kept mixing the salt, sugar, lemon juice in the shaking bottle.

"You're angry?" He asked standing just behind her. So close that she could feel his breaths on her neck.

"No. But annoyed? Yes I am." She answered truthfully.

It's something which astonished Siddhant everytime. How she was open to her feeling and confessed everything on her mind without any fear.

"Okay. What can I do to reduce your annoyance?" He asked putting his head on her shoulder to watch as she added more sugar in the bottle to match her taste.

And she stopped for a second trying to figure out what he was doing. Then carried on working as if her stomach wasn't just filled with dancing butterflies.

"Why don't you either take your feets and legs and torso and hands and head out of this place where we make food to eat and get LOST somewhere. Or you know you can also do a thing. You can just take a few steps till the refrigerator and sit inside it quietly." She said now turning towards him and looking in his eyes.

Who looked flabbergasted by her ideas and imagination.

"Just stop annoying me more than I already am." She finally concluded heaving a sigh and getting back to her complete lemonade to take a sip.

It was good. She felt a bit refreshed after having the drink.

Just as she was about to take another sip, he out of nowhere took the bottle from her and drank almost half of it.

"Hawww. Are you crazy? I made it with so many efforts and you drank it like that? Then you ask why I'm annoyed by you. You know what, just keep the bottle and don't..I. repeat DO NOT talk to me. Ever." She was more angrier than she already was and left the kitchen.

While he stood their with the lemonade bottle in his hands and a smile on his face looking at his adorable darling.

In the evening, when the whole family was in the hall, chatting and talking, Ved spoke something which caught everyone's attention.

"You know there is one more extremely successful person in our house." He said with a soft smile looking at everyone.

"Oh puhleez papa. Every person in our house is successful in their own fields." Well, Sirat wasn't wrong here. Indeed every Sharma was famous in their own field.

"Shut up, listen and let us listen. Ha chachu aap bataye." Mihir said it to irritate Siya and was pretty successful in that when she gave him the 'you-are-so-dead' eyes.

"Ha so I was saying that there's one more person here who's gonna leave us for another country soon." Chavi alerted instantly on Ved's this sentence.

Aisha and he both looked at each other smiling and then at Chavi, who now was sure whom they were talking about.

Then when she looked at Siddhant, he had the audacity to smile at her.

What the hell!! She thought.

🦋☆*: .。. ♡ .。.:*☆🦋

Heyy! What's up.
I just realised that Siddhant's father's name is the same of that from the protagonist's nick name from my other book, AdaaIsha.

Wow lol. I guess I'm a bit too obsessed with the name Ved.

However, please do let me know your thoughts about this chapter.

Byeeee<3