Chapter 4- Awakening Part 2

Quick note: This chapter has a word count of 17816, making it hopefully the longest chapter in this book by a large margin. The reason these last two chapters took so long was because I thought I could put the events of both of them into one chapter. I was so wrong. I hope someone beats me within an inch of my life if I ever attempt to write a chapter this long again. Anyways, enjoy the chapter!

The schools are surprisingly close, but that doesn't matter when I have terrible stamina. My legs carry me almost as fast as when Hina dragged me around yesterday, and out of breath, I finally catch sight of Haneoka as I turn a corner past a construction site that I hadn't noticed the day prior. Quickly scanning it, I notice that it's a Tsurumaki Tech building, but I don't have time to sit and think about it. I have to rush before the gates close.

I keep going and arrive with five minutes to spare. I take a moment to catch my breath, silently praying that today's gym class won't be too demanding. I take my time to go inside and stroll down the hall to class. Most of the students have already funneled into their classes, leaving the hallways mostly empty.

I feel my phone vibrate, and I glance at the message. It's from my sister, notifying me about some Pastel Palettes video she wants me to check out. The thumbnail for it features the group on what appears to be a gameshow, all dressed in swimsuits. It feels risque and wrong to look at Hina wearing nothing but a bikini while at school. Despite noticing how good she looks in it, Haneoka is the last place I'd want someone to see me looking at the student council president like that.

"Whatcha looking at~?"

I jump at the voice addressing me and drop my phone. I fumble to catch it in my hands but end up letting it fall to the hard ground. Lucky for me, the screen is face down, and I quickly swoop down to swipe it off the ground before looking up to identify whoever was talking to me.

 Lucky for me, the screen is face down, and I quickly swoop down to swipe it off the ground before looking up to identify whoever was talking to me

"I'm so sorry! I didn't mean to startle you like that." An apologetic pair of emerald eyes belonging to a familiar gyaru, stare at me. "Is your phone okay?"

I quickly examine the screen. I see my relieved face in its reflection as I notice that there are no cracks.

"Yeah, it's fine."

"What a relief. I would've felt really bad about it." She lets out a small sigh of relief. "You may not remember me. I'm Lisa Imai. I accidentally knocked you over in the hall yesterday."

"Oh, right.." I reply. "How could I forget such a... blunt introduction?"

"Yeah, sorry about that again." Lisa scratches the back of her head and lets out a small awkward laugh.

"It's fine, really. As long as you don't make a habit of it."

"Duly noted~." She teases with a smile.

I smile back at her. She seems to be acting friendly, which is a good thing. If she saw what I was looking at, then she would definitely be weirded out and treating me like I'm a pervert.