Fuck Around and Find Out

Chris groaned as he looked up the steps. His back was screaming in pain, and his body was still all shaken up from barfing. "Fuck it. I guess I'll sleep on the couch." He mumbled. He slowly made his way to the couch and laid down. He groaned again, this time in relief. As he went to close his eyes, a silhouette of a long-haired male stood before him.

"Fuck off, Taylor. I'd like to sleep tonight. And you just know that that thing will come after you if it sees you prowling around. Do you really want me to get maimed?" he asked, attempting to reason with the ghost.

Gradually, the silhouette materialized into a real person (minus the fact that he was still a ghost). Taylor whined, "C'mon, you know I don't care about it! That thing thinks it killed me. It's not gonna care. You don't annoy the shit out of him. I do,"

"My point exactly! What if it finds a way to expose us?"
"It'd have to expose itself, too; you know Dave's doing his best to keep it from the presses and his family. Besides, he doesn't remember shit when he comes to."
"Well, you're not possessing me, and that's final! Good night, Taylor!"

With that, Chris slammed his head down on the pillow and closed his pretty little eyes. He started to snore, a clear indicator that he was asleep. Taylor floated to the kitchen to make sure that Pat wasn't awake. Nope. Everyone else was upstairs, so the coast was clear.

He knew his host would be pissed in the morning, but he didn't give a rat's ass. He floated back to the couch and into the brunette's mouth. When he opened his eyes, they were brown instead of bright blue. "Fuck yeah!" he whispered, getting up off the couch.

Meanwhile, upstairs, Dave had been sleeping obliviously until the demon opened up its glassy eyes. It sniffed the air, sensing something was amiss. Someone was up. While it was trying to sleep. As far as it was concerned, Dave's body needed rest, and the person wasn't causing any ruckus. He grunted before closing his eyes again. However, he did not surrender control to his original host, just as a precaution.

Taylor grinned, happy to explore. He was making Chris levitate a few inches off the ground as he opened the screen door to the patio. "Freedom!" he cried, smiling from ear to ear. He laughed as he made his hands light up with fire. "Woo hoo!" he yelled, taking flight into the night sky.

He sighed contentedly, feeling the wind in his hair. "This is great...I wanna do it every night, man!" he exclaimed. The demon woke back up, sniffing the air. It trudged into the halls and stood still. It listened to the night and heard cries of joy. Loud cries of joy. Annoyingly loud cries of joy. It growled, hating the fact that a mortal was having fun at two in the morning, disturbing its slumber. How dare they.

It cracked its knuckles, storming outside. Each of its footsteps created loud THUDs as it made its way to the patio. There was a smell. The smell it knew too well: fire. But the grill was off. The fireplace was lifeless. So what was the source? It looked up at the sky, seeing only 'Chris', which was confusing.

As far as it knew, Chris was seldom a night owl, often complaining about how much sleep he did or didn't get. But lately, he'd been complaining about hearing things...seeing things --- that made him lose sleep. Then it clicked. This mortal must've had an alter ego or some shit, because this wasn't normal. And boy, was this demon used to irregularities --- though not to this degree.

It did the only thing it knew how: it used its surroundings to attack. Taylor was on his back, flying comfortably in the air, when a chair was chucked at him. "HOLY FUCK!" he swore a bit loudly, dodging just in time. When he looked down, he saw Dave....fucking laughing?? But the mouth that housed coffee-stained teeth and the faint smell of cigarettes was replaced by slightly yellowed fangs of terror.

"Fuckin' shit!" he cursed, landing down on the ground. "The fuck you want with me, asshole?" To this thing, that was Chris --- he had no idea who it really was. "BED. NOW." it growled out, clearly pissed. "And why should I listen to you? You don't scare me!" Taylor challenged.

Usually, people listened to everything Dave said. So why wasn't this mortal doing the same? It was unbelievable. The sheer nerve of this guy! "BECAUSE IF YOU DON'T....YOU GET FUCKING GUTTED." It grinned maliciously, folding its hands together. If there was one thing Hawkins knew best, it was to stand his ground. "Oh, okay. Sounds like fun. Why don't you try me, then?"

What happened next was a mystery. Somehow, he'd blacked out. Although he'd been blessed with pyrokinesis and super speed, he wasn't blessed with timing things quite right...or predicting other spirits' moves. He groaned, unable to urge his host's body to rise. He drifted in and out of consciousness before finally going unconscious, Chris's lifeless body now laying on the ground.