My Own Personal Hell

Tw for drinking and IMPLIED seggs

'And why should I leave, Chris? You need me. You need Taylor. Revenge was ours, and you blew it!!' Chris backed against the wall until he literally couldn't anymore. A third eye opened up on his forehead, the iris a perfect balance of blue and brown.

"Taylor," the guitarist whimpered, "Taylor, make the nightmares stop!" he begged. "I wish I could, man, but I can't!" Taylor replied shakily. The voice was beginning to bother him, too.  'Drink, drink, drink! Drink until you forget!' it encouraged.

"Drink until you forget..." Chris repeated numbly, starting to get up. "Chris, no!" Taylor protested. But he was too late. His host opened the door and staggered to his room, grabbing a bottle of whiskey out from underneath the bed. "Knock em back." He thought aloud.

Before long, Chris was flat-out hammered. He'd taken off his shirt and put on his cowboy hat. "Fuuuuck!" He drawled pointlessly. Taylor sighed, "Chris, you're drunk, let's go to bed, kay?" His host shook his head. "Nuh uh, not when the party's not even starting!" he slurred. He wrapped a bandana around his forehead to conceal the eye.

Taylor randomly remembered something that Chris confided in him once: whiskey not only made him goofy as shit, but also very horny. "Oh no, no, no! Chris, don't you dare!!" he again protested in vain. The brunet stumbled down the steps, missing one and falling flat on his face.

He stayed there for a second before getting back up again. He stumbled into the living room, where everyone had been doing their own thing. Chris seemed to tower over Dave, but only since he was standing whereas the frontman wasn't. The guitarist belched loudly, looking towards him afterwards.

"Sup, bud?" he greeted. Dave looked up, raising a brow. "Hey, Chris. You doing better now? Since the breakdown?" he asked. The blue-eyed boy nodded. "Yeah, yeah. The voices don't like it when I drink, Dave. Makes them go away.." he rambled.

Everyone stared at the bottle in his hand. It was almost empty. "I think you've had enough, man." Rami cautioned, attempting to take the bottle. 'Don't let him take our medicine!' So the younger man resisted, swaying that hand out of Rami's reach.

But the keyboardist persisted, beginning to get frustrated with Shifty. For a drunk guy, he was fast ---- he had to give him that. Each time he went to grab it, Shiflett yanked it away. He had to get it away from him. But how? Nate swooped in from behind, attempting to grab the bottle. He failed as well. Chris wasn't thinking straight, pushing his friends away from the poison, and he ended up punching poor Rami in the eye.

The orange lens cracked, the flesh around that eye becoming blackened and bruised. Rami stumbled back, gasping in shock. Everyone froze. "Chris, what...what the hell, man?? These are Ray-Ban shades!! They cost me well over two-hundred dollars!"

Dave's heart stopped. His guitarist...wasn't himself anymore. But why? 'Yes, yes, yes, haha!! We'll destroy them all!' The voice cackled. "Chris, why are you acting like this??" Dave spat, "You'd never hurt anybody!" As Chris went to answer, tiny tendrils, barely the size of a small sapling --- spouted from the splotch on his backside.

'Shiflett's revenge...it begins!' Chris snapped out of his drunken stupor, coming down from the high of whiskey. A wave of guilt rushed over him, and the appendages retracted, hissing softly at their missed opportunity. "Dave, Rami, I ---" He stumbled on his words, unsure of what to say.

"You've done enough!" Rami hissed, "Thanks to you, my shades are ruined!! These will cost thousands to repair!!" Dave sighed. "Look Rams, he didn't mean it, I'm sure. We'll get you an entirely new pair, I promise!"
"As long as he pays for them!!" The keyboardist screeched, pointing an accusatory finger at Shifty.

"I promise you, he will. Now, Chris, come upstairs with me. I'll help you clean up." He commanded gently. He helped his bandmate up the stairs and didn't know what to do. How was he gonna clean up this mess, and make sure everyone's hearts were intact? He gently cupped Shiflett's face, and...kissed him.

Chris blushed and sighed, half-heartedly returning the kiss. He made it last longer than it should've. Their tongues were in each other's mouths at one point, and that's how he woke up next to Grohl in the same bed. 

He groaned and then gasped, eyes going wide as he realized what he'd done. "Fuck, why am I such a slut??" he cursed quietly. "But...why do I like it? Why do I love him?" he wondered aloud.

His heart belonged to Cara, not him! Right? After all, it's not like he could have both at the same time, right? Couldn't they be in love --- wait, what in the hell was he thinking? Dave, the man of many male lovers, loving him? Couldn't happen.

He rose from the bed, Dave still sleeping. He made his way out to the patio, sighing heavily before finally breaking down. He again cried, wanting this voice to go away. Wanting to quit this band for the irreparable damage he'd caused by sleeping with Grohl. 'We can end this all, Christopher...with one little push ---!'

Chris clutched his stomach when a sharp pain hit it. "No, no, I'm not doing that! I won't pull the plug, I won't stop fighting ---!"
'Fighting what? Yourself? Your own mind, your own hell? Taylor is here, here to help. But he can't unless I help you both! Face it, Christopher, you're WORTHLESS to them! I am your only ticket to salvation!'

"Get out of me!! Not anymore, God! I don't want to kill anybody! Stop making me fucking INSANE!!" he howled in anguish, falling to his knees. He looked up, and upon doing so, caught the attention of the demon. It grinned, sharpening what appeared to be...hedge clippers? "HAVING A LITTLE TROUBLE??" it joked, grin wide.

Its face was already soaked in blood. Damn, that thing was fast in slaughter. "None of your business, fucker." Chris swore, not in the mood for games. It swiftly kicked him in the gut, cackling as he writhed from the blow. Tears silently flowed from the boy's eyes as he avoided eye contact with it.

It took two fingers and tilted the mortal's head up. "LOOK AT ME!" it barked, "LOOK ME IN THE EYES, AND CALL ME 'FUCKER' AGAIN!!" Dave's facial expression formed into a snarl, revealing bloodstained fangs. Chris sniffled. "No, no, I won't. Don't want to..." His confidence faltered, then fizzled out into nothingness.

As much as he hated to admit it, this demon had broken him. It broke him, it broke his friends...it broke Dave. He closed his eyes, letting a few more tears fall. It opened the blades of the clippers, positioning them around the soft flesh of Chris's neck --- just above his collarbone.

"D - Do it," the brunet croaked, "It's meaningless to stick up for myself anyway..." It laughed and prepared to squeeze the handles together. Suddenly, a gunshot rang out and startled the veteran serial killer. It yelped in what sounded like pain and dropped its weapon.

Its hands rose up to cover its ears as another gunshot rang out. It growled, frustrated that its plan for murder had been foiled by some seemingly mysterious force. It looked stunned for a minute, and the guitarist saw his opportunity. "T? Let's kick his ass...again." he challenged.

As his eyes changed color and his body set itself ablaze, a car door opened nearby. Out stepped a man with hair about as long as his, and another who was slightly taller yet extremely lanky. "Mister Christopher Shiflett, I'll need you to chat with me." The first man said, with what sounded like a Jersey accent.

Taylor scowled, "Can't you see I'm busy?" he snapped. "Mind you, I just saved your life. I believe you owe me." The stranger shot back. The demon growled, standing tall and raising its hands to show off its claws. It roared loudly, almost sending Taylor flying. The man brandished an old-timey pistol and fired it into the air.

It yelped in pain, covering its ears again. The lanky stranger sneaked up behind it, and jabbed a needle into its neck. Within seconds, it collapsed on the ground, fast asleep. Taylor scoffed. "I had him in the bag; I'm a big boy!" He said sarcastically. "Who the fuck do you two even think you are?? Answer me!!" He demanded.

"Mister Shiflett, we are the Brothers Way, and we've come to help you."