1

"Get out of the Pride Lands, Janja!" Kion snarled as he chased Janja down all the way out of the Pride Lands and into the out lands. Kion pinned Janja down. The male hyena snarled at the lion and squirmed in his grasp. Kion didn't let go, until -

"What's happening?" Janja questioned. "I-I don't know." Kion answered, bringing a paw off of his rival. Then they both felt the ground begin to shake. The rivals looked at each other with eyes wider than they could ever be.

"Run!"

The lion and the hyena ran to safety, but they didn't make it in time, so they both fell into the darkness of a void.

*****

Kion shook his head to get it clear and got up with struggles. Then he looked up and saw a ginormous hole about him. His eyes widened as his eyes caught a certain hyena who was struggling to get up as well.

"Janja!" Instead of attacking, he went to help the hyena, only for the canine to pull away from the feline. "I'm fine." He said coldly. "Where are we?" He said in a rough tone of voice. "I think we're still in the Out Lands. Also, you should know. This isn't my home." Kion responded.

"I'm not familiar with all of the Out Lands, cub." Janja snarled. "So you just be quiet." The male hyena growled, walking towards a wall. Kion did the same but on the opposite side. If he was going to be stuck with anyone, he would rather it be Tiifu or even Zuri. But noooo. . .  "to Mufasa's Great Mane, why did you leave me here with a selfish hyena like him?. . ." he whispered, but Janja couldn't hear that.

Kion tried to climb out of the hole 7 times. None of them worked. Janja got annoyed with the lion cub. "Oh come on. Stop it already! You're not gonna get out that way." Janja growled. "You got a better idea?!" Kion fired back. "I've got to get back to my family and friends before they start to think I'm dead. I don't see you coming up with any ideas." Kion replied.

Janja muttered something under his breath that caught Kion's attention. 'At least you have someone to get back to. . .' he whispered. "What was that?" Kion asked. "Nothing, just forget it." Janja hissed. "No, what did you say?" Kion asked. Janja sighed. "I said 'at least you have someone to get back to.'"

"Why? Don't you have your cla-" Kion started, but Janja cut him off. "My clan?!" Janja laughed but it quickly faded as he glared and started walking towards Kion. "My clan, means nothing to me. They're just there to be there. We're not friends or family like you and your lion guard are. My friends and family already died down or left me." Janja snarled. Kion's eyes were as wide as before.

"I never knew," Kion said. "Why would you care? You Pride landers are selfish, you think you can have all the food to yourselves." Janja growled. "I-I just thought you guys were selfish too, and greedy. I thought you were evil, I never knew why you were attacking the Pride Lands." Kion said, not knowing how to feel about this information.

"I don't need sympathy, cub. So you just go. . . do that foolish thing you call a 'plan' and I. . . will just go anywhere else." Janja said, growling and going to the shadows of the cave.

Kion sighed. "Why are you evil?" Kion asked. Janja didn't answer, and he refused the urge to answer the cub's question. "Why are you evil?" Kion repeated, becoming an annoyance to the male hyena. "Janja, why are yo-?"

"Look I don't know, honestly, cub." He interrupted, having enough of the cub. "What do you remember of your parents?" Kion asked. "Kion this is not twenty questions. I am not your friend, your ally, best friend, I'm not your family either. So how about you just try to go out of the cave and leave me on my own?" Janja snarled.

"You know I can't do that, Janja," the cub answered. "These walls are too steep for me to climb and the walls are too crumbly." Kion said looking up at the hole above them as he did so.

"We really have no choice, do we?" Janja groaned. "Unfortunately." Kion replied as the hyena and lion walked close to each other.

"We have to work together."