Prologue

On my way from work my phone starts ringing in my pocket and I park my car to answer it. It's Ross. He's the janitor that works nightshift.
"Hey dude could you take over my shift for the night? Wife is in the hospital and I have to be there for her. All you gotta do is clean up the mens bathroom, heard somebody had really bad diarrhea- got it everywhere. Don't slip and die 'kay? You're Ex-Military no shit stains should stand a chance." Damn, his wife? Must be rough. Had a guy once in Basic Training whose wife got stabbed back home. Guy was never the same once he heard the news.
"Yeah, as long as the supposed shit stain learned his hiding techniques from Solid Snake I should be good. Just gotta be cautious around every cardboard box." I joked. While it was funny thinking about the real-life applications of concealing yourself in a cardboard box it was ridiculous. Only an AI would fall for such a dumb trick.
I ended the call and did a U-turn back towards the Taco-Bell I work at. While driving I thought about my time in the Military. I still forget why I joined in the first place, was it curiosity? Did I ever have a motive? I mean at that time I still believed SCPs exist. Now I just read the articles for fun or when I have time to spare. Which is quite often.
Getting back on track I focused on the road, watching where I was headed. Drives like these are boring but nobody wants to slip in feces in the morning.

I pulled over and exited my car, taking a flashlight with me. I'll admit the Taco Bell has that kind of vibe to it at night, no wonder Ross isn't scared of what most people consider scary. He's seen it all. At a Taco Bell no less.
I walked around the back and inserted a key into the backdoor. Entering through the employees only entrance.
Turning on the flashlight I navigated through the dark, searching for the janitors closet to get some cleaning supplies. Inside the building it almost appeared darker than the outside.
I navigated using the flashlight, eventually finding my way towards the janitors closet. Opening the door I reached inside for a bucket and a mop, which were both thankfully there. I pulled the cleaning supplies out and cautiously made my way into the men's bathroom. Slipping in another mans shit sounds like a horrible way to die.
Despite my best efforts in being cautious I made a slight misstep and ended up slipping. Beginning to fall backwards I acted almost on instinct as I placed the head of the mop directly where I believed my head would fall. I managed to soften the blow but the sudden impact knocked the wind out of me.
Getting back up I then smelt it, oh dear, the smell was rancid and my eyes began watering like somebody was chopping onions. I got up and got cleaning this mess. It is literally everywhere! On the walls, the floor, and the ceiling! Whichever guy managed to do this his aim is literal elephant shit.
It took several hours I never want to relive but I cleaned every last bit. From the ceilings to the floor I got it all.
I began walking back over towards the closet when I saw a random spot that seemed darker than the rest. Almost as if it is a someone, I called out to the person and asked them to leave but there was no response. I poked them with my mop and no response. I walked up and shone my light, revealing it to be nothing more than a bunch of cleaning supplies altogether. I don't remember taking these out. It would be best if I put them back where they belong. Don't want Ross getting flamed by the manager.
I put the cleaning supplies in a trolley and began pushing them back towards the closet. On my way back I heard a snap and one of the wheels came off. I saw chemicals spilling and mixing with eachother. Acting on a whim I turned tail and ran behind the nearest wall to take cover. Mixing a bunch of chemicals together is not something that should be done haphazardly. As I got behind cover I heard a deafening explosion that made my ears ring like the one time I blinded myself with a flashbang because of my butterfingers.

I couldn't hear anything, just a constant ringing drowning everything out. I went on high alert and scouted the area, someone or something is trying to kill me. I don't know what or who but I have to get out. I dropped everything and ran towards the exit but when I tried to open the door it wouldn't budge. I took the key out and inserted it into the lock. I turned and heard a click but no matter how hard I pushed it wouldn't budge. Am I going insane? Is this just a bad dream? I need to get out, NOW.
I ran through the hall and as I turned the corner I released the most blood-curdling scream known to man. A shadowed figure stood, its claws poised to attack but I couldn't stop as I ran straight into the claws, eviserating myself and the thing ripped Its claws from my chest. Scooping out my insides.
I fell backwards, deep red blood gushed from my disgustingly gored chest. I couldn't hold on and went unconscious.