𝘾𝙝𝙖𝙥𝙩𝙚𝙧 𝙊𝙣𝙚 | 𝙋𝙧𝙤𝙡𝙤𝙜𝙪𝙚

Everfall gazed up at the marvelous stone statue of herself. Yes, she was staring quite intently - too intently, maybe - but she was not vain.

Her only interest was the shining black orb that was floating inches above her marble self's cupped claws. According to the stone smith who'd carved the bust, a SilkWing hybrid named Achilles, the orb was sculpted of a stone called skyfire, and according to Achilles, skyfire blocked out NightWing powers.

She seemed content with this fact, as, she herself was part NightWing, and although the NightWings were once powerful beings and were thought to be the most feared tribe, they aren't anymore.

NightWings are just useless, docile, and incompetent dragons now. All they do is sit around their small little bonfires in their equally small village located in the southeast corner of the rainforest, yapping away until dawn with tales of the revered King Darkstalker and the wise and timid Moonwatcher.

Everfall was disgusted to be part NightWing, although she was mostly SkyWing and could hide that shameful part of her away, it was much harder to forget her power of foresight.

So, in response to being a disgrace to SkyWing heritage and their queen, Queen Aurum, Everfall fled the kingdom to come here.

She'd fled to the volcanic island that'd had once been the cause for two major eruptions that killed hundreds of dragons. But it wasn't all for nothing.

Everfall had built up a beautiful institution of art and education in the ruins of the caldera. Now, as she gazed about the masses of bustling dragons of all different shapes, sizes, colors, and tribes she could feel the pride well in her body, her body that - once beautiful - now was limp and ragged with age and cripple.

Alas, Everfall was old, and that meant she could no longer look after the academy that she was the namesake for. So, she'd given the academy over to a dragon she'd known well over the years. The dragon's name was Skylight; Skylight was Everfall's only daughter. An accident, some might say, and yet Skylight was worth more than the world to Everfall.

Everfall smiled one last time at the statue of herself before turning away, but instead of seeing herself, she saw the bright red-orange scales and the warm smile that reached her daughter's amber eyes.