𝘾𝙝𝙖𝙥𝙩𝙚𝙧 𝙁𝙤𝙪𝙧 | 𝙏𝙝𝙧𝙚𝙚 𝙤𝙛 𝙖 𝙆𝙞𝙣𝙙

Des quietly tiptoed her way back into the academy. She wanted to learn more about this little SandWing... thing. She could feel the nerves radiating off of Piper and her jitters as she walked through the school.

If Piper were trying to make herself less noticeable, it wasn't working.

Des could feel many eyes on the dragon, all of them feeling the same thing - confusion. Who wouldn't be confused? What was a tiny, frail, and fragile dragon doing with three tail barbs and ornate decorations?

Destiny sighed, the little dragon was going to perish in her own anxiousness if she wasn't helped.

"Hello." Destiny voiced a greeting to the unsuspecting, timid dragonet and she jumped, her sky-blue SeaWing scales lighting up in an array of blinding flashes.

"Sorry to scare you, you just seemed like you needed some help," Destinymaker swiftly lied. She hated lying, it always reminded her of her parents' promise to cherish her always that they broke in a matter of milliseconds.

Piper nodded, "Erm... yeah... I guess..." she seemed very docile and relaxed now. Des had no idea how that was possible, for a jittery and confused dragon to become so nonchalant in a matter of words. "I'm Piper," said the little dragon. "I'm a tribrid, if you're wondering. I usually can tell when people are wondering, I get it from my mom..."

Des nodded, her spikes clinking. "I'm Destinymaker, or Destiny, or Des... whatever you like," she shrugged. "What Winglet are you in?"

Destiny has no idea if she could help the confused tribrid if she wasn't in the Obsidian Winglet, but she'd try. Even though she herself had only arrived a few hours earlier.

She didn't want to play the role of the hero, or even the wise mage, but she could tell Piper needed her help, and she couldn't say no. The sadness that lay deep in the eyes of the dragonet called to Destinymaker, begging her for her help.

"I'm... my grandmother had me placed in the Obsidian Winglet." Piper explained nervously, so spoke as if the world would fall apart at any moment and it was all her fault. Destiny felt her heart break for Piper.

"That's great; I'm in your Winglet, then!" Destiny exclaimed, trying to lighten the mood.

Piper smiled meekly, the smile not reaching her soft blue eyes.

"Er- follow me."

Piper followed Destinymaker as she made her way down the bright corridors, the soft lights illuminating their path to the Obsidian Wing, where the Obsidian Winglet and their respective common room and dormitories resided.

"So... what's with the tail barbs—?" Destiny tried to ask the question that'd been gnawing at her as politely as possible, but it sounded so snotty and rude.

Piper fidgeted with her claws, adjusting the silver spectacles on her nose. "Um, I don't really know. My dad says they represent the three strong tribes I have heritage in, but it's really just genetic mutation."

Des nodded, a little surprised that a dragon so small could be so knowledgeable. Maybe Pipee could show to be someone strong when she put herself to it. All though, currently, she seemed a bit overwhelmed by everything, like the world could be crushed in a millisecond if she stepped one claw out of line.

From the corner of Destinymaker's eye, she could see a dark figure. This dragon had deep blue scales like the depths of the Hadal Zone, her wings contrasting greatly with her overscales with their blush pink. Her horns curved up gently, like the rolling knolls at the foothills of the Claws of the Clouds Mountains. Her frilling was a deep rust color fading into tangerine, and her underbelly scales glowed a faint orange. By her ear rested three little flowers, making her seem like a soft and innocent dragon, but her cold grey eyes were sharp and attentive, like she wanted to rip the heads off every dragon in the room.

This new dragon seemed dangerous, and the way Piper's eyes flitted from Destinymaker to the dragon unnerved her. What connection could the timid tribrid have with such a cold and calculating dragon as the one in Des' periphery?

Such and odd puzzle, and a mystery scroll Des did not necessarily want to read, but one she could tell in the bottom of her heart she'd have to dig her nose into.

Such a three, this dragon, Piper, and Des, all having a secret they seem keen on not sharing. And one all would soon come to know.