Prologue

Adrien Agreste sat on his couch in his room, staring at the TV. He was bored to death, or really, just depressed. His Kwami of Destruction, Plagg, flew right next to him, trying to talk to his Chosen.

"Kid," he began, "I know you and Ladybug are in the middle of a fight, but you can't avoid her forever. You're a hero. You have to get back out there eventually."

"What's the point?" asked Adrien, "Ladybug doesn't need me."

Plagg hovered next to his Chosen's head. It was quite unnormal of the cat-like Kwami to have such a caring voice. However, even that can't surprise Adrien enough.

"Adrien, no..." said Plagg, "...I'm sure if you two could just talk-"

"Hold on! What?" said the reporter on the TV, "What do you mean 'hijacked'?!"

That immediately caught the attention of the two. Soon, came the face of Mayura, Holder of the Peacock Miraculous.

"Hello, citizens of Paris." she said coldly, "Sorry for the interruption, but this message is only for Cat Noir. I heard from a little lady that...you two had a fight, so you haven't been showing up. However, I'm currently on top of the Eiffel Tower and I need you to come meet me here. Hawk Moth can't complete his plan unless he had both Miraculouses. And we have only half of the puzzle."

The camera then turned to a captured Ladybug, wrists tied to a pole.

"Anything you'd like to add?" asked Mayura.

"Ladybug!" shouted Adrien.

At first, Adrien thought that it was just a trick. Ladybug could handle herself. It was probably just another sentimonster or an akumatized villain.

However, the way His Lady looked at the camera, her tears, the way she spoke. And what she said...she was just too real to not believe.

"Cat Noir, if you're listening...I know you're mad at me. I'm mad at me too." said Ladybug, "But I need you. I always have. And I'm sorry I made you feel like I didn't."

Mayura then explained that she was giving Cat Noir ten minutes. If he doesn't show up, she'll take Ladybug's earrings off and then she'll be left stranded on the Eiffel Tower.

He'd better hurry. It wouldn't be long before all of Paris sees their "heroine's" face. But Adrien had left the room before the threat was made, despite his anger, he would not allow His Lady to be put in such danger.

...

Ladybug stood, still tied up. She looked more hopeless every minute. Mayura just stood there, unimpressed.

"Wow, he's really not coming. Some team you were." she mocked, "What a shame. For it to end like this. All because of a fight. Who'd have thought?"

Mayura then stepped closer to Ladybug. Her hand began to reach closely to her earrings.

"I never let petty emotions get in the way of my goals." she taunted.

"Oh, trust me." said Ladybug, more confidently, "Neither do we."

And there, behind Mayura, stood Cat Noir, he squatted on the railings, holding a Cataclysm in his hand. The black ball of destructive power hovered in the palm of his hand, his eyes' slits gone.

"Hands...off...My Lady." he demanded.

...

Cat Noir searched for Ladybug. He defeated Mayura, but she got away. Last he saw Ladybug, she was falling. He finally found her, she was knocked out.