Chapter 3

! Little note, I added some more descriptions of Y/n. Like h/c and h/l. I added what they mean in the important chapter !

! 1st photo. Credits to yunifengxia, I think they post on lofter. I'm not 100% certain but go check them out, they have great artwork !

! 2nd photo. Credits to Genshin impact. The photo is from the game !

. ☾.________Chapter 3____________ . ☽ .

 ☽

. ☾.________Chapter 3____________ . ☽ .

A few days passed and Y/n hadn't left her house at all, well that was the case until today.

She found herself standing in front of her front door with keys clutched in her hand. The sun was already high up in the sky and the bright light rays were leaking through the windows alongside the curtains of her home. An unsettling silence tainted the air and the creaking fan on the ceiling did it no justice. And thus, anxiety crept up her chest, her mind racing with thoughts.

As per usual, Y/n followed her morning routine by waking up early and getting ready for work but once the time came to leave, she found herself delaying it for sensible reasons. THE Fatui were all over Sumeru right now and for what reasons? well, Y/n had no clue.

But despite that, she still wanted to be careful nonetheless after what took place in the forest, even if she didn't think it would happen to her again. 'Maybe I should skip work for a few more days... But then I also need to go to the shops for bread and milk.'

Her eyebrows creased and she softly exhaled, pressing her forehead against her door and laying her palm on her doorknob. 'I'm overthinking it. Just go to work, I'll be fine. I haven't been in for a few days now and I have to work at some point.' She concluded, finally opening her door and leaving.

The chilly morning air immediately harshly bit her skin, a small shiver going down her spine as she started walking to the shop she owned. A few clouds obscured the sun, protecting Sumeru from some of the sharp rays of sunlight. Periodically, Y/n would glance around to double-check her surroundings, an air of paranoia surrounding her. On a typical day, Y/n would've found this walk tranquil enough to make anyone feel at peace for even a moment.

But alas, that was completely shattered and instead, she felt alert and hyper-aware of her surroundings. WHO could be calm with an overwhelming amount of Fatui creeping in every single corner!? certainly not Y/n.

She crossed her arms, keeping herself closed off and unapproachable whilst walking. She was getting close to her store now and her steps glided over the pavement, holding reluctance in every stride. And with a subtle straightening of her posture, she glanced over her shoulder when she felt a pair of eyes on her.

'A Mirror Maiden and Fatui Pyro Agent.'

Y/n thought to herself, her heart rate spiking up and a burning warmth spreading throughout her body. Her eyes lingered on them in a scrutinizing way for a few moments. Her gloved hands beginning to get sweaty and her cheeks flushing with an anxious burning sensation. She swiftly directed her view away and started to walk faster, 'Going to work now would be stupid, I'll head to the grocery store first, get what I need and hope they aren't still trying to tail me by then..'