Chapter Seven

Madeline

I looked at the screen reflecting the grey image of my uterus. There was a small sack in the middle with a blob in the empty space.

"The baby is healthy and you are past the three week mark."

"Umm what would be the latest time I could have an abortion?"

The woman handed me some tissue, but she paused as I finished my words. She pressed her lips together.

"Well before the ten week mark preferably, you have some time to think about this," she says.

I nodded my head as she started to talk more about the steps of getting an abortion. She also gave me a brochure for Planned parenthood and counseling services. I just stuffed it into my bag without thinking.

Giselle held my hand as we walked down the ramp going towards the car. She didn't say anything and I didn't want to talk. I was pregnant and now I had to tell Jermaine. I feel like he deserves to know.

Having the baby, because of financial issues wasn't the problem. It was the fact my whole life would change and my wants and needs would no longer matter. I'm not ready to give that up yet.

Giselle released my hand and unlocked the car. I walked to my side and I got in the car. I stared at the dashboard for a second and began putting on my seatbelt.

"Do you want to go all out on food and binge-watch Demon Slayer?"

"Yeah," I nod.

I rested my head against the window and I looked out the window. Giselle first drove us to Dairy Queen for blizzards, Wingstop for a meal, and Donuts from Krispy Kreme. We also took a quick trip to Walmart for snacks and to get some essentials.

We sat on the couch with all of our food laid out and ready to eat. We were finally getting to the recent season of Demon Slayer which was the Entertainment District. I was munching on my wings like I hadn't eaten all day.

"So... when do you plan on telling Jermaine?" she asked.

"When I get the ultrasound pictures, which is tomorrow," I answer.

"I actually can't believe this."

"How the fuck do you think I feel," I groan.

"I'm surprised you didn't notice sooner since you are three weeks."

"It just never occurred to me."

"Oh yeah, we need to figure out when you think you got pregnant," she mentions.

"Right."

I grabbed some tissue and wiped my hands off. I got my phone and went on flo. I have the damn app, yet I didn't know I had missed my period. I can't believe I'm actually pregnant.

"I slept with Jermaine the week before maybe a few days before, so on the 5th was when I slept with him. I slept with one minute five days ago, then the one night stand was almost four weeks ago..."

"Holy shit, Jermaine isn't the father," Giselle gasps.

"It's Pussy easter, he's the only one that fits the time frame. Which means he's the father and not Jermaine."

"He never even called you, so what the fuck are we going to do?"

"Ugh, I just need to get the damn abortion at this point."

Giselle stared at me with a serious look and I gave her a pout in response.

"Don't you at least want to tell him? I mean you know where he lives right?"