Chapter 3: Green, Eggs, and Damn

"Holy shit, Hanni!" Minji yelled. It was only seconds before Minji's arms were around her again. Everything was warm, her face, her hands, her head, yet somehow, Minji remained cool, their touching skin made Hanni shiver. She had never seen anyone so invested in a game of beer pong before. Well, four games of beer pong to be exact.

Hanni was drunk, there was no point in denying it. She was certain her eyes were small and red, that her face was flushed and hair was wild, but it didn't matter. She was having too much fun to care. And apparently, Minji was too, grinning wide and laughing even louder with each passing victory. Hanni stared up at her, fixated on the rarity that was her smile. Minji stared back, eyes glossy.

"What?" Minji asked a little louder than she should've considering how closely together they stood.

Hanni grinned back at her. She couldn't help it. It was infectious. "You really like winning, huh?" She said.

"I love winning." Minji breathed like it was a well kept secret. "Can we win another one, Hanni?" She pleaded. "You're getting really good."

Hanni would've blushed if she wasn't already red from the alcohol. She knew that they should probably stop, they were drunk enough and it wasn't getting any easier to suppress the thoughts of wanting Minji's lips on her skin. However, she was more interested in hearing Minji say nice things and wrap her arms around her than she was in being responsible. "Yeah, let's play another one." Hanni smiled. Minji's eyes lit up and Hanni watched as she immediately straightened up and started glancing around the room to find a pair of new challengers.

If Hanni didn't know better, she probably wouldn't be able to tell Minji was drunk. She held herself just as still and regally as ever, though now she looked more approachable. Warmer, more relaxed. It had to be the smile, the way it reached all the way to her eyes.

No one around met Minji's gaze after watching the last few rounds. No one wanted to be the next loser. "Haerin." Minji called suddenly. Haerin's head popped up from where she was seated, whispering into Danielle's ear. She said something to her before she stood and walked up to Minji. "Play." She commanded, gesturing to the table with her head. She smiled slightly and took her place across from them on the other side of the table.

"I thought you didn't want to talk to her?" Hanni asked quietly, brow furrowed.

"I don't." Minji said, chin raised defiantly. "But she's great at beer pong." She whispered, covering her hand with her mouth so Haerin couldn't read her lips. Hanni laughed. Minji was probably the only person she had ever met who would voluntarily play against someone who could beat her.

"I need a teammate." Haerin called to them.

"Danielle?" Hanni asked.

"No. I cut her off an hour ago." Haerin said. All three of them looked over at Danielle who was laughing to herself, slumping over the arm of the couch.

"Yeah, probably a good plan." Hanni laughed loudly. It was uncontrollable. Minji laughed too, staring down at her almost curiously. Hanni was drunk enough to think freely of how much she loved the attention. She would keep laughing all night if she needed to. Suddenly, something swirled around in Hanni's stomach. It took her a minute to place the sensation, but once she did, she laughed again. "Can you guys hold on? I gotta pee." Hanni asked, looking back and forth from Haerin to Minji. She bounced slightly back and forth for emphasis, so they would know she was serious. Minji watched her with an expression she didn't understand for a moment before she shook her head.

"Go pee." Minji laughed. Hanni immediately dashed out of the living room and down a dark hall, already familiar with the layout of the apartment. She was lucky, there was no line for the bathroom, the light was on and the door was left open.