Chapter 1

July 11, 2010

"One...two..."

Haneul keeps counting up to 10 for their game hide and seek. Whilst the 3 kids run their way to find a place to hide where they wouldn't be seen first because being seen first would make them a loser.

One kid, Haerin, who's not familiar of outdoor games hid behind a tree but a hand immediately grab hers, pulling her together with the swaying wind.

The girl, Danielle, glances at Haerin with a smile as she takes the way to an abandoned house. "If you hide there, your sister will find you easily." Danielle said that left Haerin nodding.

Shy, Haerin hesitated to ask about Danielle's sister, Jiwon, since it's her first time playing with them. Haneul and haerin are sisters and it goes the same with Danielle and Jiwon

Meanwhile, Jiwon watches her sister and her best friend's sister taking their way to the abandoned house as she struggles herself up above the mango tree where she chose to hide. She don't wanna lose to Haneul in every games they play. To Jiwon, Haneul isn't her biggest competitor, but someone she wanna impress every single time.

But this time, it's different. She starts wondering if she can hold Haneul's hand and reach the same spot where they could hide together. She imagines herself in the place of her dear sister.

"I got you Jiwon!"

A shout startled Jiwon and it was too late for her to find herself falling from the tree, "Ouch..." Jiwon grunts with her eyes closed when she fell on the ground.

"JIWON!" Haneul shouted when she witnessed the fall. Danielle and Haerin came hurrying because of what they've heard.

"What happened?!" Danielle asks with full of worries on her face, "Unnie!" she crouches down to shake her sister. Haerin stood from behind, watching all this unexpected happening.

"Jiwon-ah! Wake up!" Haneul helps too by trying to pull her up.

Suddenly, Jiwon bursts out of laughter while being held by the two. Priceless expression were drawn on their faces as they both let go off Jiwon's arms, making the silly girl fall back into the ground and let out a grunt for the second time.

"Let's go Danielle, Haerin-ah. Let's leave that fuck behind." Haneul said as she held both of the kiddos hands.

"Unnie-yah, cursing is bad..." Danielle whispers and simply slaps Haneul's mouth. The girl rolled her eyes and eagerly pulled the two when Jiwon shouted her name.

To Haerin, she badly wants to smile, but she doesn't know how to let it out. She watches Danielle's every single steps whilst looking back at Jiwon time to time.

"This is the best day of my life"

The thought that the kid had in her mind eversince.

__