Chapter 30

July 29, 2021

I opened the door for Danielle. We had a good talk on the way here at the bar. I'm happy because I finally got the chance to talk to her for long.

Forgetting about Hanni...

Yeah. I'm sorry.

"Hey! Your in-law is nice!"

A tall girl who hopped down the bumper of a car after seeing Danielle.

"Just like Haneul, Minji-yah" Danielle said, "So? Take care, Ha-haerin-ah?" she said which made me smile even if I don't want to. I know, she was supposed to call me Haneul.

"You're going already? Join us inside! I heard you're just back home once in a blue moon." that Minji stated while walking towards us. She immediately holds Danielle's hand, "How are you feeling?" she's looking at Danielle in the way that I don't like...

I heavily breathed and stepped my feet close to them, "Sure. I'll keep Danielle in my company on the way home then." I said while looking at that tall girl.

"You're way different from Haneul..." she mumbles. I keep my cool as I watch her taking off her jacket. "You grew up in different country after all." she put it on Danielle's head before holding Danielle's shoulder, holding Danielle... like Danielle's too fragile.

"You might get colds, y'know that Marsh?"

I put my palm on the mid air and realizes that the rain is slowly pouring down. I gritted my teeth before following them. Is she making a move to Danielle? Not even months or year passes by since my sister died and she's disrespecting Haneul's death by flirting with Danielle.

"They're just look a like but Haneul is the best."

This idiot. Does she think I couldn't hear her from here?

"We don't know her that much, Minji-ah...can you stop the blabber."

"Danielle you haven't change a bit. Can you be mean at least?"

"Hey Minji-yah! You fetched Danielle?"

"Minji! Long time no see!"

"DANI!"

Is this bar for their group of friends only? All of them seems close.

"We brought Haneul's sister." Minji said, pointing me with her puckered lips.

Excuse me? I'm the one who brought Danielle here.

"Hey your girlfriend might barge in again to ruin your performance." that blonde hair stated.

"It was because she's singing a lovely song while staring at someone else." That guitarist said. Then, they bursts out in laughter.

I'm a bit stuck in my world's awkward silence but when my eyes shifts to Danielle, I saw her looking at me. I smiled without a word.

"I'm prettier than Danielle, but her eyes were darted to Danielle only that night."

"Oh God I noticed that too!"

"Girl! You a cheater huh?"

"Wait-what if Danielle is her first love?"

"Spare us Haneul-ah!"

Their laughs came to an end, eyes at my back and I couldn't even move because I don't know who'll see.

"Guys? Can y'all stop?"

I can recognize that voice. I slowly turn my back to see if I'm right.

"You're killing the fun, Won-ah!"

It's Jiwon unnie.

She placed her hand on my shoulder when our eyes met, "You look like her twin huh? Welcome here in her home." Jiwon unnie said. I don't know what happens when I suddenly hug her.

Haneul's home?

My arms are tightly wrap around her.

I look like a fool crying without any reason. I don't know why...

I've been keeping this inside but...

"I-It... hurts like hell" I mumbled.

I know I wanted to keep my tears but, seeing Haneul's friends all together, seeing these all, i don't know what to think. I'm envious of them but I know it's wrong. I don't know what I'm feeling.

Haneul, we were supposed to grow up together like our dreams back then.
And I ruined it all. Now I'm wishing myself in their situation. Especially Jiwon.

__