𝓚𝓪𝓲

Three years ago

I walk out of the locker room after practice, checking the time on my phone. Shit, I only have five minutes before statistics. God, when they say college is fun doesn't really seem all that fun other than game nights.

I walk over to my locker, dropping my bag in and pulling out my backpack and textbook when I look over to see Athena standing by her locker but she wasn't alone. I raise my eyebrow beginning to get closer towards them when I notice Brendan practically flirting with her. And seems like she was fucking entertaining him.

Sometimes I wonder why Athena has to be nice to everyone. "I think your so smart" He states, tugging on the strap of his bag. Fucking bull, he's said that to a million girls on campus already.

"So Athena, can I call you Thea?" He questions, I think I'm going to puke, like legit puke. Man I hate when anyone tries luring Athena. It pisses me off. It's like a burning within my skin. She's so much better than all those girls in school. She has a kind heart, she's super smart, she's beautiful. And her eyes, fuck her eyes carry every emotion she feels.

I'm known Athena since we were in middle school and she moved to town. She quickly became a very close friend. And ever since then I've had this protective side towards her. If any of my friends ever even mentioning wanting to pursue her, I knock some fucking sense into their brainless minds. These jerks only want one thing. Athena's not like those other girls and she deserves every happiness in the world. I can never see tears in her eyes.

She glances at him a bit confused, she hates when anyone calls her Thea. She says it feels like their calling her aunt. I fucking love her humour. She ignores his absurd questions but he just continues anyway. "So there's this party at my fraternity house tonight. I would like to see you there, will you come?" He inquires and this was my queue to enter.

I place an arm over her shoulder leaning my head with hers as I face him, with a fake smile. "We'll be there" I state as Brenden clenches his jaw. "I wasn't asking you Harris" I shrug, exactly we were on last name basis, thats how much we hate each other. I feel Athena glance at me. But I stand my ground. "Don't you have anything better to do Blake?" I question as he chuckles. "I was having a great conversation with Thea until you decided to show up. Like when are you going to stop body guarding her and leave her alone" He interrogates, my blood pulses in my veins.

"He's my best friend, not body guard. And we come as a package deal. So if your inviting me, he comes too" She declares, I can't help but smile; thats my girl. Brenden huffs and nods. Damn, he definitely needs something from her; because I know he was to much of an ass to invite me. "Fine, I guess he could come; if that means you will" He takes a step closer. And everything in me had to stop me from stepping in front of her.

"We'll just have to see" She concludes grabbing her textbook, she closes her locker and begins walking over to class. I try quickly pacing towards her as we had the same class next. "Athena wait" I call and she stops, I know she wasn't mad at me but a part of me was worried I may have intruded.

I get up to her, our eyes meet and I smile. "I know what your going to say. He's a jerk, only wants one thing, he's probably using you for something. And I already know" She claims sighing. I give her an assuring smile. "Then why were you giving him the googley eyes and pearly smile" She shakes her head, I can't help myself.

She shrugs "So what if I'm getting a male attention?". I shake my head "You don't need attention from jerks like Brendan Blake" I clarify watching her roll her eyes. Sometimes I wonder why I always stop her from pursuing anyone but I know she's too good for anybody, especially football jerks that only have one motive.

**

"You really want to do this, I mean I don't want you to hurt. He's a man whore" I exclaim, she sighs and smiles, I love her smile; its so genuine. "I know very well, he's a man whore Kai. He's only using me for psychology notes. But I just want to see his reaction when its unaccepted. I know guys only talk to me when they need something" She pouts lightly while explaining and I can't help but wanna comfort here.