𝓚𝓪𝓲

Present Day 

I park outside my house anger raging through my veins, despair knowing she will run away again and I didn't do anything about it. I slam the door of my car, walking into the house I felt like I was breathing fire. My mind running a hundred mile race reminiscing  three years ago when she stormed out of this house I didn't see her until two days ago.

Sighing I begin walking up the stairs, Jessica and I were supposed to meet this evening for the last minute wedding things as we are getting married tomorrow. Tomorrow I will be tied to her forever, will be locked in a marriage I once chose over my friendship.

Then why do I feel guilty, why is there an ache in my heart. I push open the door of my bedroom, looking around I don't notice Jessica; weird I saw her car outside. Moving my head I hear mumbling coming from the guest room.

The hallway dark, was she even here; maybe I should call. I get towards the door when I hear moaning, wet skin slapping together; and two voices, one I was familiar with.

My heart beats faster. I move my ears closer when I hear more clearly "Come for me Jessica" I kick the door open turning on the lights when I see Jessica laying on the bed, as a random guy fucks her on the bed. She crosses her legs around his torso as he groans.

I freeze in place while she begins moaning as if going into a state of euphoria "Yes, baby" The man calls pulling her close. "Danny, please I wish-" She then looks up meeting my furious eyes. Maybe she could see the fire pouring out of my ear, I was up in flames, I could burst with anger.

"Kai" She stops, her face pale. Danny I assume turns, his eyes nearly bugging out. I turn my gaze to him clenching my jaw. "Get the fuck out of my house before I call THE FUCKING COPS" I yell, I was so close to ripping out his throat; how fucking dare he and in my house. Danny doesn't take a minute, barely even dressed he runs out the house.

Jessica covers herself with the sheet, looking at me stunned trying to regroup. "Kai" She reaches her voice broken I have a million thoughts running through my mind and I don't know which one to approach first. She gets off the bed and now stands in front of grasping my arm but even her touch is suddenly empty, this hollow, numbing feeling in my skin making me feel nothing. Images of what I walked into popping up in mind.

"Kai please say something...your scaring me"- "YOU WANT ME TO SAY SOMETHING?" I retaliate with fury pulling my arm out of her grasp and throwing the vase to the side on the floor. "It, it" She stutters, crossing her arms guarding myself from her. "It was what a mistake? A mishap? Really enlighten me Jessica" I add sarcastic comments, my mind fuming.

"I was just-" She stops again and I try everything in capacity to stop from throwing the nearest thing near me again. My heart feels as if it is shattering, everything I have put into this fucking relationship breaking like glass onto the floor and there is nothing I can do to fix it because the home wrecker is standing right in front of me.

"How long?" She shakes her head. "HOW LONG FUCKING LONG JESSICA?" I raise my voice clenching my jaw causing more internal pain. She glances down then looks back up "a year" she mumbles.

I scoff with a light chuckle, pacing a bit when I face the wall and inhale. I see her crying "Please" she begs making me raise my eyebrows. "Your crying, your fucking crying after being the one who cheated, you been having an affair while you were engaged with me, your begging? your the one that's crying?. That's hilarious. That's actually so good" I clap, I've lost it, I've officially lost it. I knew I was making a mistake, I'm just glad I found out. 

I suddenly feels like curtains are being lifted from my eyes, and ears. This whole time I thought I was happy doing my Dad a favour with his business friend. But I was never really happy was I?.