-12-

-ERIC-

"All done," Faith assures me after she heals my wounds.

"Thank you," I sighed, flexing my arm.

"No problem," she replies with a smile. "I'm going to see if anyone else needs my help."

I bid her goodbye, and as soon as she leaves, Aerin and Clarice damn near burst through the door.

"Are you okay-"

"What the hell happened out there-"

"I'm fine," I assure them. "And I'm not sure. It was a coordinated attack. They didn't account for whatever Jayda has done."

"I'm wondering how she was able to do it without using the demon blood," I mused.

"...Remember...she's strong enough to end the bloodlines," Clare points out. "The blood might be a catalyst, but it's clear that she doesn't need it."

"It's changing her," Aerin sighs. "I don't think she'll go Dark Side, but it's affecting her."

"Jason, as well," I point out. "Didn't you tell me that he's begun to display psychic abilities?"

"Yeah," Aerin informs me. "He must have used them again at the Mayor's house."

"What the hell happened there, anyway?" Clare asks.

"We should find out and compare notes," I suggest.

"Are you feeling up to it?" Aerin asks.

"I'm fine," I assure her. "I'm alright."

"I don't remember you being so reckless and brave in the field," Clare comments. "No offense, Eric."

"Things have changed," I shrugged. "I've been training ever since we left Iraq. I didn't expect the demons to have been organized."

"...You threw us out of the way," Aerin adds.

"And I'd do it again," I assure them. "Let's talk to the others."

                 ***********************
We end up back in the living room with the rest of our team while the hunters that helped us were outside assisting with clean up. The CIA Preternatural Division has shown up, as well. An attack of this magnitude had to be covered up and explained.

Unfortunately, a large percentage of the town's population has been lost in the fight. Blackwood Mountain is going to end up being a literal ghost town, similar to Little Hope.

I remember driving through there to climb ice caves with Rachel. The town didn't stick out in my mind at the time, but knowing the truth about it now, it may have been intentional.

"What happened after we left?" Jayda asks the room.

"The sigils started to burn," Nick reports. "They even rang, which I've never heard before."

"They stormed the cabin in droves," Hunter adds. "I saw the shadows from across the valley. Whatever they are, they still couldn't cross the salt lines."