Chapter 1: New Maid

"Milady its almost time" a Maid informed. And the Mistress closed her book.

Today wasn't like any other day, after years of being short in staff, a new Maid finally arrived.
So everyone in the castle was on high alert wanting everything to be perfect.

With long, elegant steps the Mistress walked trough the halls, receiving a bow from every Maid she passed.

Her long blonde hair, being put up in a complicated hairstyle, decorated with some little pearl clips.

The deep blue, piercing eyes, matching the color of her long dress, that left everyone who saw it speechless.

Even if it was just a Maid that arrived, and not a part of the noble family, the castle and the Mistress herself looked as good as possible.

Deeply in need of this new member in the castle.

Her heels making a rythmical clicking noise, as she walked over the drak wooden floor  to the great hall, getting greeted by her headmaid, who herself was wearing, one of her best dresses. Having to represent the new workplace and staff.

With a soft nod of the Mistress the headmaid, relaxes, but still keeps her straight posture.

Everything was silent, as they all waited for the new Maid to arrive.
Until exactly at exactly 7pm two soft knocks could be heard at the door.

The whole staff looked at the Mistress, who gave a signal to open the doors.
To Maids at the left of the room nodded and pulled at the door, opening the heavy wooden doors, revealing the new girl that stood behind it.

As the new Maid stepped inside and a few gasps could be heard. Her long black locks, and her delicate but slightly curvy figuren made her look like a princess herself.

The new Maid bowed deeply in front of the Mistress, making a strain of hair, fall into her face.
"Good evening, Milady. My name is Marilyn Coldwell, and I'm here to work for you, starting today"

The Maid stood up straight again, looking around the room. Hearing some soft whispers of the Maids that were talking in the back, but mostly waiting for the Mistress to speak.

After a warning look from the blonde Countess towards the Maids who were still whispering she started.
"Welcome Miss Coldwell, i'm glad that you decided to start here. I'm sure you'll make a wonderful new Maid in this home."

The Mistress looked at her smiling softly "Claire will bring your suitcase inside. In the meantime please follow me to the meeting room, we'll discuss everything there, including the new contract."

With another small bow of the Maid, and the steps of Claire who was already carrying everything inside, the Mistress brought Marilyn to a room, filled with a desk, a few seating options, and some beautiful paintings on the wall.

"Please have a seat, Miss Coldwell" the Lady gestured with her hand, towards one of the more comfortable couches.

Earning a nod from Marilyn, followed by her sitting down. Before a soft knock appears on the door.

"Enter." The Mistress said,smiling at the Maid that came inside. She wore a short maiddress, which was hugging her curves, while her hair, was put up in a braided ponytail.

"I'm just bringing some tea, Milady. If you two need anything please feel free to ask anytime"
With that the curvy Maid placed down two cups of tea and some cookies before she left the room, closing the door quietly.

The Lady sits down opposite of Marilyn "That counts for you as well, if you need anything please feel free to ask."

"I will Milady." With that the Maid picked up the cup of the stirring it slowly before taking a small sip.
"And before we beginn this conversation, please call me Marilyn instead of Lady Coldwell, i'm not used to be called by my last name"

"If thats what you wish, Marilyn it is. This won't take long either, I just want to give you a few information on the rules of this castle. To make sure you know what you'll agree to in the contract."

The Mistress takes out a piece of paper on which was written:

-No Alcohol
-No Drugs
-Curfew is from 9pm to 5am
-No vulgar language
-No running in the halls
-No Open Hair in the kitchen
-Calling Family only once a week

And lastly written in thick red:

-NO MEN INSIDE THE CASTLE

The Mistress looked at Marilyn who layed down the list, seemingly a bit confused about the last point. "Its for safety reasons, don't ask about it please"

The black haired girl nodded, taking another sip of the tea before, placing the list on the table in front of them.
"Is that all Milady? Or are there other important things to know?"

The Lady herself also took a sip of her tea. "Nothing important, you'll find out once you get showen around by my dearest chambermaid."

She placed down her cup "Is there anything else, you want to know?"

"No, Milady. I've already decided that i want to sign the contract." The Maid explained, her grey eyes, shining with enthusiasm. A look which the Mistress hasn't seen in years.
It was quiet refreshing to her, and made her smile a bit.

"Good, there is nothing from my side as well. So here" she hands Marylin the contract and a pencil "I hope that we'll get along just fine."

"I hope so, Milady" Marilyn says, quickly signing the contract before handing it back.

The Mistress took it. "I'll bring you to your room then. I'm sure my Maids are all really excited to show you around"

With a smiles Marilyn stands up and helds the door open for the Mistress, who was bowing her head smiling at the gesture. "Thank you, now please come along "

"As you wish Milady"

To be continued...