Chapter 7

Me and Horikita secured a long table near the corner of the library, we waited for Kushida who was bringing the three.

"I brought them~!" Kushida came where we were waiting. Behind her was a boy named Okitani.

"We heard about the study group from Kushida-chan. I don't want to drop out that quickly after school. Please tak--"

"Hey! what the hell is Ayanokouji doing here!"

Ike suddenly cut off Yamauchi after seeing me, honestly I don't care anymore about them hating  me, the reason is just stupid.

"And what's wrong about Ayanokouji-kun being here?"

Ike couldn't give a good response so he just stayed quiet. 

"By the way Horikita-san, Okitani-kun also wanted to join."

"Ah, uh, no. I was worried because I was right on the border... am I...not allowed to join? It's a bit difficult to join Hirata-kun's group."

"Is it fine if Okitani-kun to join the study group?"

Kushida asked Horikita. His score was a 39 after all, so it's natural for him to be worried.

"If your worried about getting red marks, then it's fine. But you have to be diligent."

"O-ok."

Okitani sat down happily. Kushida tried to sit down next to him. But Horikita noticed.

"Kushida-san. Didn't Ayanokouji-kun tell you? You're--"

I thought we talked about this last night already.

"To be honest, I'm also worried about getting bad grades."

"You didn't get a bad grade on that last test."

"Well, that was luck. There were a lot of multiple choice question. So for about half of them, I guessed. In truth, I barely passed."

Kushida cutely scratched her cheek while saying "Ehehe."

"I think I'm about the same level as Okitani-kun, if not worse. So I want to participate in the study group to avoid a bad grade. That's fine, right?"

I was surprised but not shown in my face at Kushida's bold and unexpected plan. After confirming that Okitani could join, she turned the tables. Horikita couldn't help but to let her join.

"...Fine."

"Thanks!"

Kushida bowed to Horikita with a smile. Bringing Okitani was probably a part of her plan too. She used him as justification for her to join.

"Below 32 is a red mark. Then is 32 points also a failing grade?"

"If it's 'below', then 32 points is safe Sudo, can you even make that?"

Even Ike is worried about Sudo. Of course these guys would like to know if it's "below" or "up to".

"It doesn't matter either way. My goal is to make everyone here get at least 50 points."

"Geh, isn't that too hard for us?"

"It's dangerous to just aim for the bare minimum. You guys, who aren't even at the mark, are really troubling."