CHAPTER FIVE

I wake put the next morning with enough time so I don't have to rush myself while getting ready

Today, I am wearing a light blue maids dress and put my hair into a nice bun.

At 8:15 I make my way down to the dinning room, Willa and Paige already in the room, dishing up the table.

„Good morning," I greet them as I walk through the door.

Willa turns around and smiles at me, „Good morning, did you sleep well?" she asks, I nod.

Paige just keeps continuing with her task, a deep frown covering her face.

„You are not going to greet your own cousin?" Willa says to Paige.

„It's alright, don't worry about it, Willa," I tell her, not really wanting to talk to my cousin right now, or at any other time.

She sighs, „If you say so, but it's still not nice, not greeting their own cousin."

„I have my reasons," Paige mumbles.

„Oh yeah? And what might those be, would you like to tell me? Because I certainly have no idea!" I say annoyed.

Paige opens her mouth to speak but before she can say a word Willa cuts in.

„Finish this conversation later, the family is going to be here any second," Willa says. I'm glad she did though, I am not ready for an argument with my cousin.

Paige scoffs, I roll my eyes.

2 minutes later the family comes in, already fully dressed in their everyday clothes.

I just stare at Jaren for a minute, admiring his beauty.

His hair is a obvious black,looking fluffy even though it's perfectly styled to the back, and I fight the urge to push my hands through it.
He is not dressed in is formal wear today, and I don't know why but seeing him in „normal" clothes makes him even more attractive.

I see a light smile painting his lips as he notices me and makes his way to his chair, where I'm standing behind it.

„Good morning, Violet," he nods his head to the side as a greeting, the smile now fully lifted and his dimples noticeably on both cheeks.

„Good morning, Jaren," I nod my head as well, trying to get a smile as bright as his on my face, but that would look way to fake, so a light smile it is for now.

„Slept well?" he's politely asks.

„Really well," I reply, which is true, I slept better then ever in my life, the bed was so comfortable and I have so much space, way more than at home.

The breakfast passes in a blur, just the usual routine happening.

After the family leaves the room and goes on with their day, we clean the room and go to eat breakfast ourselves.

Standing in front of the dining room, with my plate in my hand, I sigh and consider my options.

Do I go in there and let Paige put me down?
Or do I ask if I could eat my breakfast in my room and avoid her?

The second one is it.

VIOLET: Hi, sorry to disturb you, but would it be possible that I take my food up to my room?
I'm not really in the mood for company while eating.

JAREN: Hello, you didn't interrupt anything, and yes you can take your food up to your room, that's no problem, and in the future you don't need to ask me about that, I get what you mean.
Would you be able to meet me at the greenhouse at 9:45?

VIOLET: Sure!

JAREN: Good, see you then!

VIOLET: See you then!

I smile as I slip my phone back into my pocket and make take the stairs up to my room.

•••

After finishing breakfast and changing my clothes, I go downstairs and make my way to the greenhouse.

While I walk I try to soak in the sunlight and the silence that surrounds me.

When I make it to the greenhouse I can already make out a broad figure, looking around and inspecting the flowers.

A little smile unconsciously makes it was to my face.

I shake it off and walk closer to the greenhouse, open the door and step inside.

Closing the door quietly, I walk a bit further away from the door and just stand there and look around.

Gosh, I don't know why I've never been in a greenhouse, it's so pretty.

„Do you like it, princess?" I hear his deep voice, shaking me out of my thoughts.

Nodding my head, I answer, „I do indeed, it's very pretty."

With a smile on his face he makes his was to me, takes my hand and places a little kiss on my knuckles.

„Pretty, just like you," he says, making me blush.

I pull my hand out of his and look around while asking, „So what brings me here?
What do you have planned?"

„I was thinking of maybe showing you the garden, and I might want to give you some archery lessons."

I look at him with wide eyes, at which he chuckles.

„You want to give what lessons?!"
„Archery lessons, like I just said."
„Okay, but why?"
„Because I like showing people my passion."

„Archery is your passion?"
He nods, „Sure is, it's the only thing my parents didn't force me to do since I was a kid."
„That makes sense."
„And that why I want to give you lessons, so what do you say, Violet?"

I really should, I should say no, that would be a smart choice, right?
But of course I tell him the exact opposite.

„Sure why not." I answer, smiling at him.

This is going to go well, right?