chp | twenty five

Taehyung didn't realise how long he had been in there with your head resting on his lap as he stroked your ears until Jungkook knocked on the door.

(You had moved to rest on his lap to feel more comfortable.)

"Come in," Taehyung said softly but loud enough for his boyfriend to hear.

"Is everything alright? You've been in here for a while," he asked, and Taehyung nodded before pointing at you.

"Everything is fine. (y/n) even let me play with her ears," Taehyung softly smiled, looking at your sleeping figure. "I realised she fell asleep, and I didn't want to wake her up."

"Do you want me to take her to her room?" Jungkook asked, and Taehyung nodded. "I'll try not to wake her up."

Jungkook gently slid his arms under your knees and neck before lifting you off the bed and Taehyung's lap.

"Did you find out what happened?" Jungkook asked as he made sure he was holding you properly while Taehyung opened his door.

"I'll tell you after we put (y/n) to bed," he told Jungkook, holding the door for him. Jungkook nodded before walking out of the room.

"Is everything alright?" Jimin asked, surprised to see you fast asleep in Jungkook's hold. "Did you find out why she kept touching her ears and tail during lunch?"

"I'll tell you two everything after we put (y/n) to bed," Taehyung said. "Come up with us. We can talk in our room."

Taehyung opened the door for Jungkook while Jimin fetched a blanket when they got to your room.

Jungkook gently laid you on your bed, and Jimin covered you with a light blanket.

"She looks so peaceful," Jimin softly smiled, fixing the blanket. "I'm glad we spent time with (y/n) today."

"Me too," Taehyung said, looking at his copy of your photos from the photo booth. "Looking at her in these photos makes me wonder how people treated her like that. (y/n) looks like such a sweetheart."

"She is a sweetheart," Jungkook muttered, watching Jimin gently fix your hair.

"Let's go talk," Taehyung said. "I feel like I also want to take a nap."

.

"Did you guys know (y/n) can manoeuvre her tail and use it as a third arm?" Taehyung asked, taking off his shirt.

"No," Jimin said. "She can do that?" He asked with wide eyes, and Taehyung hummed in response.

"Not many hybrids can do that," Jungkook said. "Did she tell you how she learnt how to do that?"

"She did," Taehyung sighed, sitting on the edge of the bed. "After having my arms bound often, I eventually learnt how to use my tail," he said, running his fingers through his hair. "That's what she told me."

"What?" Jimin asked, sitting up.

"The night I decided to take a day off, I learnt that (y/n) was tied up and put into a room as punishment at the facility she came from," he told them. "The young hybrid got in trouble a lot, so she and Christopher took punishments in the little boy's place."

"Oh my gosh," Jungkook whispered.

"She learnt to use her tail because the people at the facility gave them food without untying their hands," Taehyung said. "She told me that and moved on with a smile."

"She went through so much at that facility," Jimin muttered.

"Today, while in the bathroom, some women commented on her ears and tail," Taehyung told them. "When I asked her if something was wrong, (y/n) asked me I thought her ears and tails were disgusting. One person talked out her tail, and another called her tail disgusting."