Chapter One: Guitar Friends

Hitori sat at her desk, she wasn't focused on the teacher at all, her eyes were focused on a boy sitting a few rows in front of her. Her head was feeling much better now, but still hurt from time to time, turns out she did have a concussion, but it wasn't anything to be that worried about.

Now that she had recovered, Hitori really wanted to go knock on his door to practice with him. She wanted to learn guitar, but there was only one slight problem... They hadn't really spoken since their parting at the end of the day, that was a week ago...

Hitori just couldn't bring herself to knock on his door. To most people, that was one of the easiest things to do in the world, but to Hitori... well it was like she was facing her greatest fear, which in a way, she was.

How could someone like her waltz up to their neighbor's house and just knock by themselves? She wouldn't know how to react if something went wrong... Hell, she wouldn't even know how to react if everything went right.

What if one of his parents answered the door? What would they do seeing a random girl they've never met standing at their door?

Hitori began to sink down into her seat, her body turning to something akin to pink slime as she had a look of defeat on her face, there was no way she could knock on (Y/n)'s door...

Though as she was caught up in her thoughts the bell rang, signifying the end of the day. Hitori didn't rush to leave like she normally was. Her eyes were focused on her desk now, to think about what to do. She really wanted those guitar lessons, but was it worth it?

"Hitori..."

Nope, definitely not worth it! Maybe she could watch some stuff on the internet to get better! Who needs human interaction anyway!

"Hitori..."

Yeah! Who needs (Y/n)?! She sure didn't!

"Hitori!"

The girl turned towards the person calling her name, it was (Y/n) she let out a yelp as she began to flail her arms about. (Y/n) just smiled at her, watching her borderline mental breakdown.

Then, without warning, Hitori got down onto the floor and began to bow profusely in front of (Y/n), tears threatened to pour from her eyes as she clenched them shut.

"I'm s-sorry! I didn't m-mean it! I s-swear!"

She screamed out, banging her head on the floor repeatedly due to the amount of bowing she was doing. (Y/n) watched, concerned.

"Hitori... What are you even apologizing for?"

She finally stopped and rubbed her forehead , sitting up.

"I... uh... d-don't worry about i-it..."

Hitori muttered as she stood up and looked away from (Y/n). They were the last ones in the classroom everyone else had already left for the day.

"I-Is there something y-you need..?"

"Oh, yeah, I was wondering if you wanted to start working on guitar today."

Hitori stared at him for a moment, nodding slowly as her mind was filled with joy! She wasn't the one who had to ask! This was the best day of her life!

"S-Sure! Right now!?"

(Y/n) nodded as he made sure his guitar was secure on his back, before turning back to Hitori.

"Well, let's get going, we'll have to use your house today... is that alright?"

"Y-Yes, it's okay!"

(Y/n) smiled at her and gestured to her to follow him. She smiled and began to follow him, her whole world brighter than the sun!