Chapter Two: Courts of Friendship

Strumming her guitar, Hitori hummed as she had her eyes closed, she was practicing on her own for the moment. As much as she enjoyed being taught by (Y/n), the social interaction required was too much for her to handle all the time.

She smiled as she thought back on her interactions with (Y/n) the past few weeks, despite being one of the most socially anxious people in Japan, she found herself enjoying (Y/n)'s company, most of the time. 

Of course, she was still nervous around him, always afraid of messing up, or saying the wrong thing, but that was because she didn't want to lose her first real friend over something stupid.

But alone, in her closet, she could easily enjoy the joys of playing her guitar. It felt perfect, as if her hands were meant to play with the guitar. She had improved so much with (Y/n)'s guidance, even his playing seemed to improve over the short amount of time.

She set down her guitar as she stopped playing for the moment, crawling out of her closet, before grabbing her guitar and putting it onto the rack. It was already quite late in the morning, she must have lost track of time…

Stretching her arms after being in such a cramped space she opened the door to her room and began to walk to the living room, as if she just woke up.

"Good morning Hitori!"

Hitori recoiled as he saw (Y/n) sitting on her couch with her father, who smiled at his daughter.

"Finally decided to stop playing and eat?"

He chuckled, before looking back to the TV, (Y/n), meanwhile hopped off the couch and walked up to Hitori, smiling ear to ear.

"It was really good! Have you been practicing on your own time?"

Hitori began to chuckle to herself, the praise was already going to her head as she looked away.

"Oh y-yeah. I have, it's no big d-deal."

"That's good! But today we get to have some fun!"

"Huh?"

Hitori's expression immediately changed as she went from looking happy and prideful to one of fear and surprise. 

"W-What do you m-mean?"

"Well a few days ago, didn't we agree on going out today?"

Hitori's eyes slammed shut as she tried to recall any moment in time where she agreed to leave the safe haven, that was her house, on a weekend no less!

The pair had placed their guitars on the ground, taking a small break from their playing. (Y/n) set down his water bottle, which he had just taken a drink from and looked over at Hitori.

"Hey, I was wondering if you wanted to go out this weekend, could it be fun to get out and do stuff!"

Hitori, meanwhile, was trying to keep her composure, not really listening. She was looking over one of the new books (Y/n) brought over.

"Huh. Oh y-yeah, sure!"

Hitori let out a scream as she fell down onto the floor, rocking back and forth on her back, her body felt slime-like as she started to crawl away back to her room, ever so slowly.

"Oh did you not want to go out?"

(Y/n) asked, Hitori froze as she looked back at her friend. She did agree to it… even if she didn't really know what she was agreeing to at the time…

She could only imagine what would happen if she ghosted him on the plans he already had planned out for the pair…

- - - - - -