Chapter 3: The IceWing Kingdom

Dart's P.O.V

I stared in absolute aw and amazement at how gorgeous the IceWing Kingdom was. I LOVE SNOW! I snickered to myself and quickly threw a snowball at the unsuspecting Ermine. Said IceWing yelped in surprise and she then threw a snowball right back at me. I laughed and jumped away.

"This is so fun! I LOVE SNOW!" I cheered and threw another snowball. Ermine then uses her tail like a Baseball bat and she hit the ball and it went flying right back at me. I laughed and used my tail and hit right back at her.

Our snowball fight turned into a snowball bat contest, and Tempest even joined in the fun. "Wow! Your really good at this, Tempest." I exclaimed in shock and amusement. The SeaWing laughed quietly and replied, "I've had plenty of practice. I mean... my best friend's an IceWing after all." Tempest replied with an amused smile. I laughed and the game resumed.

"You must be the strange dragon that looks like a hybrid... your name's Dart... right?" I looked up at Queen Snowstorm with a warm smile. "Yes I am... it's nice to meet you, your majesty." I said, giving a polite bow to the Queen of the IceWings.

"My shy and book-loving daughter was the one who invited you and Tempest over for dinner. So.. come inside you two. Oh, and it's great to see you again, Tempest." The SeaWing smiled warmly at the IceWing Queen. "Oh my moons! The Palace is soooo huge!" I exclaimed once we had entered the IceWing palace. The Queen quietly laughed at my reaction to how big the IceWing Palace was.

"Hi, Tempest!" I jumped in surprise to see an IceWing with pale blue and jet black scales, pale blue eyes and pale blue wings. "Hi, Winter. Long time no see." The SeaWing said, Playfully rolling her aqua green eyes in amusement.

"Now Tempest and Ermine, Can you two please show our new guest around the palace? Dinner will be ready soon... but theres still enough time to show Dart around the place." Queen Snowstorm said with a kind smile. "Yes mother." Ermine replied and I soon found myself being shown around the police by Tempest and Ermine.

"So... Dart, what was your favorite part of the tour?" Queen Snowstorm asked conversationally, as we were quietly eating some frozen fruit. "My favorite part was seeing the courtyard. It was so pretty and there were icicles hanging from the ceiling like millions of tiny sapphires and diamonds." I said, giving a toothless grin.

"Whoa! You have retractable teeth like your father?" Tempest exclaimed in surprise and wide aqua green eyes. "Yup., you bet!" I exclaimed with a lopsided grin on my face, anther one of my strange habits that I learned from my father. Tempest laughed quietly, whiles Ermine gave an amused grin before returning to reading her scroll.

"So, Dart. What kind of dragon are you?" Queen Snowstorm asked me. I smiled brightly up at her as I gave my answer. "I'm a Night Light." I told her. "A Night Light? What's a Night Light?" She asked. "A Night Light, witch is a hybrid of a Night Fury and a Light Fury." I explained.