Chapter 5

While waiting for Thor, I got a Popsicle out of the freezer for myself, put it in a bowl and melted it in the microwave. It was the only way to eat it. I was sitting on the floor, eating the gooey red mess with a spoon when Thor walked in a little damp. He actually walked right past me to the bedroom where he started fiddling with the camera in the corner. I stood up confused. ‘What are you doing?’ I asked. He turned around and walked up to me, a little red in the face. ‘I turned on the camera this morning,’ he said gesturing to it, ‘and it came on with a video of some really hot girl getting changed and I wanted to know what happened,’ he explained and I burst out laughing.

 ‘What’s so funny?’ He asked. I gasped for air and almost dropped my bowl of melted Popsicle. ‘That,’ gasp, ‘was me!’ I managed to say before I almost died of hiccupping. Thor, now going a bit red, ran his hand through his hair and looked around, still confused. ‘Are you sure?’ He asked and I stared at him. Still not convinced he looked at me and told me something I thought I would never hear come from his mouth. ‘Take your clothes off.’ He said simply, almost commanding. Thor- sensitive, responsible Thor was asking me, his lifelong sort-of sister to take my clothes off. So I started stripping. He stared at me while I took off my trackies and tank. I stopped and hoped he didn’t mean my bra and undies too. For some reason I felt a lot more confident being naked in front of a camera. Thor sat down and mouthed ‘wow.’

 What? ‘Don’t you see me like naked all the time?’ I asked. Obviously. But he didn’t seem to catch my meaning so I elaborated. ‘The camera. In my room.’ I said pointing to my room.

 'I haven’t checked on that thing since I first used it and that was a test. I found it this morning after completely forgetting about it.’

 ‘Oh my gosh,’ I said and reflectively tried to cover my body with my arms.

 No problems,’ he said. This was now on the top of my most awkward moment’s list. ‘But if it’s any constellation,’ he said, trying to fill in the awkward void, ‘I would love to kiss you.’

 That statement did not help at all.

 I blinked, coughed and looked down. He did the same.

 ‘Take of your shirt,’ somehow escaped my mouth. He looked at me then stood up. I went over and locked the door. I turned and Thor had his back to me. He had closed the curtains and now his white shirt slid off his body as he pulled it off. He turned and threw his shirt on the table. This time I gasped. It was so weird doing this. It felt like just last week we were wrestling in the mud, punching each other and throwing each other around. I remember when he was a scrawny kid, pale as snow. But what stood before me was a man. I don’t know why I never noticed it before. I mean, I always knew he was muscular and strong but not this. But what caught my attention the most was the phrase tattooed on his chest ‘Beautiful is Grace.’ Now that was what took my breath away.

 I ran towards him and leaped into his arms. He forced his lips onto mine and I ran my hands through his hair. I hoisted my legs around waist and he fell against the wall. We kissed and it sent electricity through me. I couldn’t seem to get enough and neither could he. I wanted to melt into him, so we could be one. This amazing moment happened for about a minute. Then there was a knock on the door and a loud hello. Then there was silence and all I could hear was Thor breathing on my neck. Urgent and warm. The knock came again, but I had no intention of opening the door. Nothing, nothing was going to spoil this minute. The knock was louder this time, so I jumped down off Thor, annoyed, and walked towards the door. The person behind it was going to pay. I felt Thor’s eyes on my back, or was it my butt?

 ‘Who is it?’ I called, wanting to sound annoyed.

 ‘Connor Stake,’ replied a vaguely familiar voice and the word ‘judge’ immediately came to mind.