Viv's panic attack

Viv's pov:
I wake up before our alarm, which is odd I never normally - that's usually Beth. I feel shaky and almost a bit tense. Thinking nothing of it I toss over and (attempt to) head back to sleep.

Around  half an hour later our alarm goes off, Beth turns over stretching her arms whilst rubbing her eyes, "morning Vivi", she smiles. "Morning babe", I reply my voice being slightly croaky. I try to get out of bed but I get pulled back by Beth "where do you think your going Vivianne Miedema?", grabbing me back "getting ready" I say wrapping my arms around her. As she starts stroking my hair i get thousands of butterflies in my stomach, "are you okay leiverd?" Beth must've noticed my shakiness, "of course baby" I say kissing her lips gently. "Right come on let's go get ready"i say pulling my girlfriend up.

Beth's pov:
Viv seems very shaky and almost out of it today, although she has assured me everything is okay I want to keep an eye on her. We arrive at training, Katie's chatting Viv's ear off something about her cat I'm not really  sure what she was going on about all I know is Viv had her mind on something else.

Viv and the other forwards (that included me) were taking shots against our goalkeepers, each time Viv missed she got visibly frustrated with herself: throwing her arms up, rolling her eyes or muttering stuff to herself. "Viv don't worry darling it's ok", I reassure her rubbing her back, "yeah but I keep messing up" she's says redoing  her hair. "How am I going to get into the squad if I shoot like this" Viv mutters angrily. "Don't worry darling you're just having an off day" I hug her making sure she knows I love her

After training I walk off with Steph and Jen, we go and get a drink and I get Viv her favourite protein bar for later, Viv walked to the changing rooms with Leah and Lotte.

Viv's Pov:
Whilst I'm walking to the changing rooms with Lotte and Leah I feel my hands shake, my legs aswell. My chest feels tight and my breathing got heavier  my eyes started to fill with tears. I fall onto the bench my breathing getting worse until I couldn't get any breaths, tears fall out of my eyes like waterfalls.

"Leah!" Lotte calls over to Leah noticing my state. "Viv? Viv can you hear us?", Leah asks me. Her voice muffled, my breathing became worse. All I wanted was Beth I wanted her to hold but she wasn't here she was probably laughing with her mates, "Viv, what can we do to help you?" Lotte asks me she was crouched down in front of me her hands on my thighs with Leah sitting next to me rubbing my back. "Get...B-beth... pl-please" I manage to barely get out, "Of course, I'll get her just stay with Leah",Lotte says her voice so calm.

Beth's pov:
Laughing with Steph and Jen we take off our boots, changing into trainers, I hear someone swing the door open. "Beth... BETH!" I hear someone shout I turn round seeing Lotte looking worried, "What's wrong Lotts, you ok?" I ask concerned for my teammate. "No... it's Viv" without hesitation I follow her to the changing rooms. My heart sank when  I saw  my girlfriend sitting on the bench with her head in her hands in tears, her breathing heavy. She was having a panic attack.

I crouch down in front of her, her hands in mine, "Vivi baby look at me" she looks at me her eyes were raw with tears her cheeks were also red. "We'll give you some space", Leah whispers stroking my girlfriend's hair. "Viv please breathe for me" I place her shaking hand over my heart so she can feel my heartbeat, " I..can't..do it Beth.. I can't breathe" she manages to get out through raspy breaths. "Yes you can in and out baby in and out" I say stroking her hair, I feel so guilty I should have known this would've happened if only I was there

Ten minutes pass me and Viv are now both sitting on the floor her between my legs. my arms wrapped around her body stroking her back so she's calmed down, her breathing is almost back to normal now which has put me on ease. "I'm sorry Beth", she whispers still crying, "don't be sorry I should've been here I love you baby", I reply kissing her forehead. "Do you want to tell me what brought this on baby, I won't force you tell me", I really hope she tells me the truth I hate seeing her in this state she doesn't deserve it, she takes a deep breath "it's stupid but I just feel so much pressure since coming back from my ACL and every time I messed up it got to my head but it just got to much I'm sorry baby", her voice shaky but she is calmed down now so im happier now, "Vivianne you have came back from one of the worst injuries in football, it takes time you know that, through this whole period you have been the strongest girl I know be proud of yourself Vivi I love you so much", I say to her sometimes she needs reassurance on how strong she is. "I can't be that strong if this is how I deal with pressure" she laughs, "VIV shush" I roll my eyes at her laughing too "I love you Beth thank you" she says wiping away her tears, "I love you more meisjie, tell me next time you feel like this". We stand up and she hugs me for ages I don't let go of her; God I love this girl!